Player and MANAGER ratings: Bournemouth 0-0 Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, October 22, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Jonesy we do not even have a plan A,it was a shambles today,with any luck Sissoko will get a long ban and keep him away from the team,as for plan B we all live in hope.....

Jonesy, Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  2. Cheshuntboy Guest

Our esteemed manager/coach managed to be sent-off thirteen times as a player, mostly in the easy-going era twenty-odd years back when yellows were rare and reds only followed on-pitch amputations, but I'm afraid he's rapidly building a team in his image. Wanyama's impressed everyone (including me!) with his generally disciplined performances to date for Spurs, but he didn't get his reputation at Celtic and Southampton for nothing, and it's surely just a matter of time before the red mist descends in a Spurs shirt, while the likes of Sissoko (why the hell did we buy him at any price, let alone £30 million?), Lamela and Alli are all as likely to be sent-off as score, usually for the stupid and unnecessary pieces of petulence (or plain nastiness) that Pochettino deems 'naughty'. What will be will be so far as results and trophies are concerned this season, but let's not continue the descent to the level of Leeds or Wimbledon which began at Stamford Bridge last season (or am I just showing my age, as usual?).

Bazza47 likes this.
  3. burnt Well-Known Member

Well it's fairly plain to see we're struggling a bit so far this season ... We all got a bit excited after the City game and hoped it would kick us on and we,d start firing on all cylinders , hasn't happened I'm afraid ... Apart from that performance we haven't been great in the other 8 league games but we remain unbeaten strangely enough ... Funny old game sometimes ... This time last season there were numerous posts about where are our goals going to come from but in the end everyone chipped in with a few and it never really became an issue but it's certainly an issue at the moment ... Too many non performer's at the minute , we all know who they are , every one of our so called attacking midfielders really ... When you only play with one striker then you need a plethora of goals from everyone else , it's bad enough that's not happening but we're not even creating chances of any real quality ... In fairness to the new guys they deserve time , but like everyone else this Sissoko deal is looking a right disaster , thing is it's not hindsight , we all called it at the time ... How the hell did they get that so wrong ... I mentioned after the midweek game we might not be so hot when others play us at our own game and it looked that way again today ... We don't seem to handle pressure very well yet , it came to a head at the end of last season and some of what we seen today was pretty mindless also .. We need calm heads in pressure situations or we,ll never achieve anything of note .. Not sure how all this is going to pan out , as always time will tell .... C.O.Y.S .....

Felon82 likes this.
  4. Big fran Guest

Where are all the janssen is another fackin soldado brigade CFs are only there to score goals.. No nothing's I've forgot more than most.. .

Jonesy and Felon82 like this.
  5. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Moussa was a big plus....at last someone who can beat a man, Eriksen please note.....

Felon82 likes this.
  6. Bazza47

We all settled down for a nice Saturday lunchtime game, looked forward to seeing our lads play well and were very hopeful of a win, topping the table and then sitting back and hoping to see the others faltering.

Okay so AFCB are much improved, but we're able to rise above them...at least you'd have thought so.

Part of me is not surprised. The Monaco performance set the alarm bells ringing and whilst our subsequent form was good, Harry boy getting himself injured started to unravel things.

Goals may be few, but chances of goals are for me a greater worry. Janssen may not have scored any, but neither has he missed many either. We're not creating. Other teams seem to use pace and/or skill to set up more opportunities than us, particularly our rivals. Add to that our difficulty in beating lower teams and all of a sudden it feels just like late last season.

This is where Poch needs to step up to the mark. Earn you dough MP.

I've decided on a simple formula. This term we just need to better our results against teams, when compared to last year, as a general marker of how we are progressing. I'll keep you posted.

COYS

Spurporter and Jonesy like this.
  7. Bazza47

Had a quick look at last season's results versus this

8 comparable games, 4 home and 4 away. The three home wins were the same results as this year, plus the same draw against Liverpool. No points difference.

Away, discounting the Borough result, no comparative, we are 2 points worse off, today's draw was 5-1 last year.

So basically two points worse. On the face of it no big problem. However when you look at the goals, last year we scored 20 in the same fixtures, against 11 this. Goal difference was 15 last, 9 this.

So bottom line is we lack goals and are two points worse off in the 8 equivalent fixtures. You know what it feels like that to me....

As Matt always say....COYS

Mattj78 likes this.
  8. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Yep, all very Spursy :-(

Mattj78 likes this.
  9. Spurporter Well-Known Member

The team came tired from Germany. They went tired to Germany. Lads needs some rest. They do not get it during Int. breaks like we do, as they play and train with Nat teams. The so called "Poch Philosophy" is a grueling, tiring expenditure of energy. To do it club must have decent depth, which Spurs don't, plus we lost two key indispensable performers. Half of Spurs starters recover from various injuries, knocks, you name it...The changes Poch maid at Vitality were to save lads legs for Pool in PL Cup. He must to think a few days ahead.
    Wenger has larger and more expensive group and yet losers shitted up at home against the lesser team playing minnows in UCL earlier.
    Come on your supporters! Cherries are own by Russian money bag who wants to make chelsky out of them. They are getting better every season, every window. They are the top half team or about to be. That is not so bad. COYS!!!

Last edited: October 22, 2016
  10. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

We've been lacking pace and width for a while now and have had an unbalanced attack playing with three wannabee no 10s behind the striker so yes we do see players like Lamela, Alli and Eriksen tripping over each other trying to break down defenses with flick ons and soft touches. Mostly it doesn't work and we are easy to read. All our width comes from our FBs and Felons right, everything we do starts from our FBs so send a team out to shut them down then not only do we lack any go foward but we put ourselves under pressure in defense.
    I might be the only one, and i know our defensive record to date but i hate the way we play the ball out from the back sometimes more often than not being pressed too easily with the ball being forced back to Hugo. For a team that is supposedly good at pressing we certainly dont like being pressed ourselves but we make it easy for teams.
    I do not understand benching Janssen yet playing Lamela and Ericksen every game.
    We always look more likely and more balanced when we bring on some width and pace. Wheres Knoudou ?

11. Andrew Guest

I am also getting frustrated with Poch's lineups and substitutions. He obviously is a good manager but I think he could be a great one if he used his bench better. People were complaining about Lamela a lot recently and saying that he always stays on for 90 minutes?? Frustrated or not with him that statement is false. The one Player who NEVER gets subbed no matter what the situation is Eriksen. I have been shocked when Poch has switched others. Even if you do rate Eriksen and have been fooled by his supposed talents when we are winning with ten minutes left and he is tired from jogging around Christian is a liability defensively. Even if had a decent game up to 80 minutes He is not the guy to shore up the defence, or steam into a game saving tackle, or hold the ball up, or scare anyone with pace. Poch is playing with fire every week leaving him out there. And I agree the same can be said for a few others when they are off form. No player should be untouchable. Son should have stayed on today. Lamela, Ali and most certainly Eriksen should have given way first.

Its time to try some one other than Eriksen at least for a few games to see what we have. He is not contributing so we have nothing to lose. I think we will improve. There is stubborn and there is just dillusion. He was his usual, below average, media dreamed up pretend footballer again today. Enough is Enough.

12. bruski

bruski Active Member

Absolutely bloody hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!............and sadly true!

Jonesy likes this.
  13. bruski

bruski Active Member

Seedless is a great description. I like to think of us as a toothless tiger. Plenty of roar (possession) but no bite!
    At the moment IMO Ericson and Lamela are very poor in different ways. Ericson seems to be a totally different player to how he has been previously. And what is Sissoko? What will he bring? I have no idea but he is a French international and based on history they are generally better value than an English international right? so he has something but what?
    Ps. God bless Hugo!
    COYS!

Mattj78 likes this.
  14. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

It is clear Poch got it wrong with his line up, tactics (lack of) and his substitutions incl. their timing.

Notnats is on point with us being pressed, we don't like it and we certainly can't handle it. The players go into bloody teflon mode using the ball like a hot potato!!! First and foremost, we need to stop dilly dallying with possession and "recycling" from the back, playing hospital passes etc. - it's a matter of time before someone gives a needless and costly goal away.

Re-think the line up Poch and time to be a manager and make some unpopular decisions with certain individuals. Nkoudou, Wimmer and Janssen should all be given a starting place IMO at the moment...

COYS

Mattj78, Nomadico and Bazza47 like this.
  15. Big fran Guest

Let's not go overboard chaps just yet eh? Yes were all in agreement poch got it wrong today and maybe the last few but were still well placed in the league and champions league qualification in sight. Midweek we have a game v Liverpool in a competition MP may actually fancy winning hence pulling Son and Alli off.
    Credit to Bournmouth they were good,very good and set up well but we came out stronger second half better and overall worked there keeper more. People may disagree on Janssen but for me needs to start to give the team a focal point and and increase his broken confidence same with Son an inform player from the left being shoehorned into a CF position were he's clearly uncomfortable and now his form has dimininished.

Spurporter likes this.
  16. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Janssen has to be given a starting place up top - why invest the money in the first place! He will come good and just needs a couple of goals to get him going.

Son is not a traditional centre forward nor will he hold the play up but he is far more effective coming in from the flanks; Nkoudou will complement the attack in this respect too. It's all about options and mixing it up when needed.

We will get it right eventually, and hopefully in time for our visit to the Emirates!

Bazza47 likes this.
  17. Bazza47

I suspect Fran that the fact that we are well placed has tempered the views on here, believe it or not.
    For Pool I'd go with the youngsters, with some of the first team on the bench. Play Janssen and Son perhaps, Nkoudou, Wimmer, bench Lamela and Eriksen. I know we would love to beat them, but Leicester and Beyer are more important for me.

Jonesy likes this.
  18. Bazza47

"Hopefully"..... I can tell in your choice of words you are feeling a little like me, wondering whether he sees it the way we do.....if only Jonesy.....if only

Jonesy likes this.
  19. Nomadico Well-Known Member

It will not be long before other teams work out that to beat us all you have to do is wind up Ali,Lamela,Wanjama,Sissoko,and we will soon be down to 9 Men!!!A easy tactic,we are turning into a brutal team more like the old Leed's,and it must stop,where has this style come from???being hard is one thing but this is not the Spur's way.....

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button