Our season is NOT over - Come on You Spurs!!

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, May 2, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

I don't even know where to begin tonight my friends. Where can I begin?
    Firstly , the fact that Chelsea changed their entire strategy and saw this as a cup final tells the story of just how far Spurs have come this season. Streets ahead of Chelsea and as their's fades, our is starting to burn brightly again.

Right, onto the game. Firstly the atmosphere from before kick off was frightening. The noise and the dislike (I'm being polite) between both sets of fans was clear and it transcended onto the pitch. John Terry and Diego Costa were winding the Spurs players up and in all honesty, I felt the Spurs players lost their heads at times tonight when they would have been better sticking to what they have been so good at this season.
    Dembele tried to pick out Costa's eye and all that did was serve to prove that what Chelsea set out to do was working. Costa himself flung out an elbow and should have seen red. Kyle Walker was very lucky not to be sent off and Dembele will be banned retrospectively.
    In the second half Willian elbowed Rose in the face and should have seen red also, although Rose himself was at times like a mad man tonight. It was good to see passion but it just served to play into Chelsea's hands, especially in the second half.

Spurs certainly played the better football in the first 45 and Kane of course put us one up after some lovely play and he rounded the keeper to cooly slot home. We then went 2 up when Eriksen played a lovely ball to Son who took a touch before slotting home. In some ways, half time was the worst thing that happened to Spurs.

Spurs came out fired up, but maybe too fired up. Chelsea kept getting in at the Spurs players and at times it was farcical. The ref will come in for criticism tonight but I wouldn't have wanted to ref that game.
    In the first half even Poch got stuck in to protect his player. He had to do so again with ugly scenes at the end of the game.

Chelsea got back into the game after the usually solid Spurs defence went missing for the second game in a row and Cahill volleyed home. From that moment it was too much to bear. And then Hazard scored to give the title to Leicester. Leicester won it themselves by the way. I'm not letting Chelsea have that.

Spurs have contributed to an amazing title chase this season. Let's not forget that top four was not something we were considering in August.
    BUT! I am not going to try and review our season right now because our title challenge may be over, our season is far from over.

Arsenal are 3 points behind us and Poch now has perhaps his biggest challenge of the season so far. He has to get the lads together and get them to lift themselves and make sure that we are the worthy runners up. Finishing behind Arsenal is unthinkable. That would sour what has been a superb season.

What Poch will have learnt tonight is that his players must keep their heads. I understand the passion but I felt some of the players let the club down today. I expect to see that sort of behaviour from Arsenal and Chelsea, not ours.

Poch is signed up, Lloris looks ready to sign and the signs are positive.

Now it's time to forget the title and beat Southampton and make second our own and prove that we are truly the best team in London.

It still and as ever a a case of, Come on You Spurs!!!!

bruski and Jonesy like this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Played into their hands tonight and delivered a "Spursy" performance of old. Bitterly disappointing. Moreover I just want 3 points from the Bridge. I swear we are cursed at times.

In any case, how many points shall we throw away from winning positions ffs. We don't deserve to win the league and we need to finish second!

2 points from 6 - awful but yet predictable.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Felon82 and Mattj78 like this.
  3. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

I don't think we Spursy tonight. Not many Spurs teams of the past would have been so dirty as we were. We have much to learn but some of the comments on social media are embarrassing. I'm reading things such as 'Poch out' and Spurs are rubbish.
    I am known for pessimism but it sometimes defies belief that so called Spurs fans come out with so much utter nonsense.

The future is bright and will come again.
    Let's all get behind the team and get that second place.

Jonesy likes this.
  4. Frank2 Guest

Next two games, no Alli, dembele, rose or Toby, were ****ed.

5. Cheshuntboy Guest

I've just heard Robbie Savage saying that this season is a one-off, with normal service certain to be resumed next year, and (for once) he's right. Yes, no one expected us to be fighting for the title back in August, but no one expected Chelsea to be mid-table having sacked Mourinho, or that LVG and Wenger would be under serious pressure because of the perceived failings of United or Arsenal. If we're supposedly the best team (as the stats apparently show) then we should be champions, not Leicester, and it's a missed opportunity which I doubt we'll see again for a VERY long time.

Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  6. Frank2 come on we were playing last seasons champion who are still a very good team but have played inconsistently first of all to sack their previous manager . We have a squad of very good players to step in Wimmer for Toby Trippier , Davies at fullback Chadli in midfield , these players will be up for the fight till the end MoPo will see to that COYS !

7. Frank2 Guest

I think we'll struggle in the next two games, saints hate us and will be up for it, and Newcastle will be fighting for their lives. Have a horrible feeling the goons will finish above us, their next two games are against a weakened city team and villa.

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Poch out? U have got to be joking. Idiots.

We are all gutted tonight but look at the improvement this season... Incredible. Yes we have fallen short but we now have a solid and balanced squad that just needs a couple of quality additions in the summer.

So some perspective needed - we have CL for next year and beat Soton the wkd, then 2nd, yes 2nd will be nailed.

Oh, and one more thing to note +39 GD!!!

COYS

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    bruski likes this.
  9. DomK Guest

In some ways I should be proud, that the team stood up for themselves, but to be honest I am not. As others have said we played into eir hands and did exactly as they wanted us to do. Chelsea are not a good side their average league position this season tells us this but they got under our skin and we reacted.
    Congratulations to Leicester they deserved it, but a lot of our players need to take a long, hard look a themselves onight, not only did we not win again at the shed but we played into their hands, will a lot of teams look at this and see that's a way to get st Spurs? We had the gamewon but to succumb the way we did in the second half and get embroiled in that ****, did no-body at our club any favours at all.
    That game tonightwas like a throwback tot he seventies, specifically the 1970 cup final, and the players can't react like that when they had the game won, I know it's hard we all get emotional, but still shaking my head at this. Is this our only chance to beat those twats on their home ground in my lifetime? who know? Still at least I had a tenner on a draw at 9 to one for a draw at half time, that's the only way I could get through tonight.

10. Ilovespurs Guest

Tonight was season defining on so many levels. Firstly, I would like to congratulate and say thank you to Poch and the team on giving us a team worthy of supporting this season- you have given us, style, class and entertainment which has allowed us to be labelled the best footballing team in the country. The fact that Chelsea played this game as if they were in the champions league final shows how far we have come and how nervous these top teams are about us- everyone wanted Leicester to win because they have been amazing but also they know it's a one off- we on the other hand would really piss off the footballing hiarchary if we won it and they are all scared of what we are- a challenge to the norm- Leicester they can deal with but a Tottenham team with the youngest team, one of the best managers in European football, an attack that will lead the line for England in the Euros, a new stadium on the horizon etc- they are shitting themselves and they know we will be back even stronger for it. Tonight we had players who were fighting for that badge, who would not allow disrespect towards our club and who 100% cared and these are characteristics of title winning teams. So congratulations Leicester, have your fun- next season we will be back better and stronger and they aim will be simple- win the ****ing title and the pain felt tonight will be a reminder of why this time next season it won't be Chelsea, Leicester, United- it will be us. COYS

Bazza47, MT1882 and Tottenhamlover like this.
  11. Simon D Guest

Just got back from the Bridge. Seriously can't believe what I saw, heard & felt tonight. Pure hatred for our football club. Congratulations to Leicester but they have not had anything like the challenges that we have faced. Teams have rolled over for them all year. The London derbies alone have crippled us mentally & physically. So many teams playing like it's their cup final when they face us. It's all caught up with us & we lost our heads tonight.

I'm absolutely shattered from this season but so proud of our team & club. The future is bright & we must get 2nd place which is the absolute least we deserve.

COYS

bruski, Bazza47 and MT1882 like this.
  12. Hottotty Guest

We've had a fantastic season and will learn for next. What the traditionally 'big' clubs don't like is the disruption. Witness Chelseaz attitude tonight. They're used to compliance. Well sod them. We'll be back stronger next season and others will be encouraged by Leicesters achievements. Let's get second this season then roll on August.

Bazza47 likes this.
  13. Kevster Guest

May I be the first NOT to congratulate Leicester on the title? Sure, I'm glad none of the Big Four or Scousers won it and an underdog instead did, but for the entire first half of the season Leicester were under everybody's' radar. No side took them seriously and once they were still challenging for the title in late January, most of the big guns were too far back to win anything and became Leicester fans over Spurs.

I have watched every Leicester game since the turn of the year and can honestly say they have not had to face the kind of passion, hatred, determination and resilience to beat the opposition that Spurs have endured. Chelski, last night, were playing as if their very lives depended on beating Spurs. While Leicester were facing a weak looking Manc Utd team a day earlier who should have thrashed them out of sight.

Swansea blew Liverpool away on Sunday with a scintillating performance, just 7 days after laying down at Leicester and having their bellies tickled by a Vardy-less Foxes side. Time and time again teams have simply not turned up against Leicester, whereas the Millwall of the Premier League have had to face sides so determined that Leicester should win the title, that it has been a cup final we have faced every single game.
    I would have been in the same position had roles been reversed - who wouldn't. And I know I'm practically alone when I say Leicester were handed the title on silver plate with the cherry on top, They were the People's Choice, every fan's dream ticket (except Spurs) and had the full backing of the media, 18 Premier League sides, the underdog lover and even some officials - it was Us v The Rest of the World - we didn't really stand a chance.
    This season was also - to some extent - our own fault. Too many draws and an inability to close down games (why can't we park a bus yet?) - I don't think we deserved 9 yellow cards last night from the Clutterbuck. We were being intimidated and shoved around by an unprofessional bunch of low lifes last night and we were punished when we snapped back.
    Most of the loudest cheers last night were not from Leicester City fans but from the haters of the Tottenham ethic. Schadenfreude, I think is the word that some it all up! Look it up on Google if you've not heard of it before.
    Anyway, I'll be VERY interested to see how Leicester perform in the Champions League next season and come to that in the Premier League. Especially now teams will take them seriously. It's time to bring back Fox hunting!

Bazza47 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button