Our club is a family and here is why..

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Nomadico, January 31, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Over the last 10 years football as we have known it has gone from local club to global level with the advent of TV money and has become a play thing of the world’s super rich, but what has it really done to the game we love?

In every major league there are maximum 3 clubs that dominate, winning every match - Munich in Germany, Real Madrid and Barcelona in Spain, Juve and Napoli in Italy, PSG in France. Here in the UK we have at least a few more -Man U, Man C, Chelsea.

All of these teams have dominated their leagues and in the case of PSG and Munich so much so that the points between them and the nearest team behind them is so vast it makes a mockery of their league, teams turn up not for a match but as a means to add the points so the holy grail of champion league can be reached allowing them to compete with the other super rich Toy clubs.

Players demand mega rich weekly payments often as high 200,000 Euros a week for 90 minutes work, add to that the extreme transfer fees. Today an average player can demand a fee around upwards of 40-50 Million, the best even higher, so only the super-rich can afford it..

The cost we as fans have to pay is now so high the average fan cannot afford to follow his club to every match, his kids have to wait their turn as dad can only take one at a time if he is lucky, and what’s the point when you know beforehand the result - the rich clubs win.

A club needs a soul, an identity, a feeling of family, without it you are just a play thing not a club, can you sing your heart out for a bank note?? Can you spend hours in the playground at school with your mates talking about the goal scored by your hero, if the soul is not there then all this is gone.

Our Club IS a family - from the Directors down to the tea lady, we have a history of football earned with sweat and hard work, we have a fan base made up of true fans who follow the mighty Spurs where ever they go, so remember this when you demand the club spend your money on stupid transfer fees.

I am proud to be a part of the Spurs family, my kids and grandkids are proud, we ARE Spurs.

COYS

2. andy b Guest

Yes I fully agree and the nice thing is they do a family game in the cups and only charge £5 for children a great way to win fans for the future. I have over the years done the lot VIP days and been lucky enough to have been part of a sponsorship but out on the terraces is what counts and I take every opportunity to take my nephews to see the now mighty again spurs.

Nomadico likes this.
  3. burnt Guest

I love this our fans are great nonsense ... We,re no better then any of the rest and a lot worse then most if you ask me ... The atmosphere at W.H.L has been cancerous for a long time now especially when things aren't going well , and with our recent history that's been quite often .. All fans are great when things are going well but you could hear a pin drop otherwise apart from the booing that comes at half time and full time ... Even our manager had plenty too say about it last season .. Even this season for f**k sake we lost 1 game in 16ish games against Barcodes and the booing rang out at the end .. Bloddy embarrassing it was .. The away fans are diff class to the home fans to be fair .. If you want to know what proper fans are like , take the short trip to Crystal Palace , now there proper fans , score doesn't matter to them .. When things aren't going to plan that's when you need a lift from the stands , ye don't see it at many grounds any more I'm afraid and ours is certainly no diff .. It's a typical Scousers statement if you ask me , greatest fans in the world bol**x , another club where the scoreline dictates what's coming from the stands .... Silence more often then not followed by the horrible booing ...

Siggy22 likes this.
  4. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Burnt, Two things to correct,firstly I am NOT a Scouser,I was born in Tottenham,secondly I think Spurs are the best club, that is my opinion that is why I follow them,you might not agree and that is your opinion and I respect that,I have NEVER taken part in booing my team and never will;COYS

Mattj78 likes this.
  5. Siggy22

Siggy22 New Member

Although it pains me to slate our own, I have to agree with a few things Burnt has said.

I was there for the Newcastle game, and the booing at the end embarrassed me....I had a guy in front of me scream: "Kick it f*cking forward," it was almost as bad as United fans sing "ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK". There was also a woman next to me playing on her iPad - WTF?!

The atmosphere at the Lane is nothing like it used to be, and that's only going back 10 years or so! Our away fans have it spot on - sing whether we're 5-0 down or 5-0 up...it's our love of Tottenham that unites us, regardless of the result!

Yes we are paying fans, but when you buy a ticket you don't pay for a guaranteed win....you pay to support your team through thick and thin.
    Football is not like paying for a cinema ticket, whereby you can watch the film and come away at the end and discuss as to whether it was value for money. We have to, and most of us do, support Spurs through the good and the bad!!!!

It's easy to support a side when they're winning everything - look at modern day United fans - how many of them are sticking by their side now?

I've supported Spurs through the very worst and the oh-so-nearlys. Time to take the bad with the good and get behind the boys, and most importantly - POCHETTINO!!!!!

Nomadico likes this.
  6. burnt Guest

Sorry Nomadico I didn't mean for it to sound like I was singling you out or calling you a scouser .. Was trying to say it sounded like what the scousers say about themselves , I'm talking about fans in general , there are plenty of fans that don't boo and I'd be pretty sure you are one but unfortunately there are a lot more who do nowadays and we have to remember they are also fans and to be fair they pay their money and are entitled to say and do as they please but we can't emply that we are diff and a special bunch when this is the reality .. I just don't buy this we are greatest fans nonsense , the reality is we are no better then most and a lot worse then some I.m.o .... C.O.Y.S ...

Nomadico likes this.
  7. Felon82 Well-Known Member

What else should they spend it on then?

8. Mick

Mick Member

Booing is something oi just do not understand and never have. I also find it embarrassing especially after the Newcastle game . All sport whether team or individual is a uncertainty of what will happen on the day that is what makes it great. As long as the team are trying I can always accept a poor performance

Nomadico likes this.
  9. Nomadico Well-Known Member

It seem's most people agree the atmosphere at the lane has changed,it has been a while since I have been at the lane but in my day it was rocking,so what has changed?for me the main problem is Seating,when standing was allowed the fans felt together and when singing started all took part,now it is hard to sing sitting down!!We need a safe standing area,1882 have the right idea.Now the team are back in the groove on the pitch,the fans should try and support 1882 in what they do;COYS..

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button