Now for THE biggest game of the Season...

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Bazza47, November 18, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just a few hours now to wait for the game that means more to us Yids than any other. We judge our progress as a club, by how we do against the Woolwich Wanderers.

Our nearest neighbours, they have been a cloud over us since the inception of the Premier League. Until recent times it was more a case of how many we were going to lose by, rather than can we snatch a draw. Whilst we've fared better at home, away we've managed only two wins since the PL was formed in 1993, one at Highbury and only once in 10 long years at the Emirates.

However, the tide has been turning in our favour, home and away, with no defeats in the last three on their home turf. To say we have been unlucky not to have won in those three visits is a massive understatement, but therein lies the problem. Despite being far better than them of late, we've failed at the Emirates to turn our domination into three deserved points. Tomorrow we need to change the record books and put a Lilywhite win onto the record book.

We come to this game at no better time to keep the tide flowing in our favour. We have greater strength in many positions on the pitch. The Mirror compared the likely starting 11's and only placed three players from the Scum - Sanchez, Ramsey and Bellerin - in a combined starting team.

But all of that will count for Sweet FA if we don't come away with all three points tomorrow. To be the best you have to beat all of the top teams, and not just at home.

COYS

Last edited: November 18, 2017
    Nomadico likes this.
  2. Anne Guest

Arsenal fans will be so ill when we win - can’t wait

3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Both City and Liverpool turned them over just saying. ......

Too many times we let opportunities to gain ground or make things easier on us even when stat wise we've dominated proceedings.

Even if it's an ugly win I don't care, but without my Spurs Bias player for player we are leagues ahead of Arsenal for quality/power etc and should be turning up ready to give them a tonking Imo.

If bellerin is in the offerings of who'd 'make it into the spurs team' (hahaha) it really does show the levels.

COYS give us some more gloating material

4. Big fran Guest

Seen a lot of these mash up teams and to be honest on current form none of the arsenal side would get into our side which means if we don't get a result today with a draw and performance the minimum it's another big game failure. As good as we are we still have many mental blocks versus certain sides and at certain venues. These need to be overcome if we are to move onto the next level.
    Toby is a massive blow but other than that we are full strength so no complaints.
    Personally I'd go 4231 with Hugo trippier Sanchez Jan Davies. Dembele Dier. Son eriksen Alli. Kane.

Although I feel he will stick with a bk 3 with Dier at centre half with winks in midfield and the unfortunate Son will miss out again. If I see Sissoko start I will scream!!

5. Bazza47

Morning Fran. I like the inclusion of Sonny, but he's done a few air miles this last week, so may be a little weary. I guess I had something like Hugo, Sanchez Dier and Verts back 3, Trippier Winks Eriksen Dembele Rose across midfield, Alli Kane ahead. Harsh on Davies but I see Rose better going forward even though Davies has come on a bomb. Need to win the midfield and please no Sissoko.

6. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Cant see Sissoko starting here with Dembele having a few games under his belt but you never know with Poch who has been full of surprises this season.
    Feeling good about this one but still a bit nervey as always.
    Hugo
    Sanchez Dier Jan
    Trippier Winks Dembele Davies
    Eriksen Alli
    Kane

7. Big fran Guest

Re Bazza. Morning mate. I'd normally tend to agree on Rose his pace versus the rapid bellarin would be ideal insurance but Danny still looks way off match fitness for me as yet and dropping a form player in Davies who has worked his nuts off for twelve month and improved immensely would maybe send out a negative message to the rest of the squad in particular fringe players/youth trying to break in.. see what poch goes with but I'm happy with either or.

Bazza47 likes this.
  8. Big fran Guest

Wow... Poch is fckin killing us ere with Sissoko again. What is going on!!!!???

9. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Now for THE biggest game of the Season...

So of course we BOTTLE it!

10. Big fran Guest

Never ever will any of us see spurs lift a top division title. FACT.

11. Nomadico Well-Known Member

We lose one match and suddenly we will never win a title!!!Very short sighted,and what do you base your evidence on???Granted we lost today and we will lose again down the track but to state that we will never win is stupid....COYS..

12. Jam Guest

Yer fckin clueless?

13. Big fran Guest

How so??

14. Jam Guest

It's pretty self-explanatory don't you think?

Sissoko was one of the few who brought the necessary energy today. Indeed, he's been putting in a massive shift all year so how about you get off his back.

We were poor right across the park today.. well off the pace. The manager lavishly kissing Wenger's posterior in the pre-match presser sure worked a charm.

15. Jam Guest

The Arsenal front three today cost a shedload and are clearly quality. What's more they wanted it more than us. We've been jagging some good results for awhile now without dominating anyone. I'd be somewhat concerned regarding just what this current team's actual level is.

Bazza47 likes this.
  16. Mick

Mick Member

To me the loss of Wanyama caught up with us today. Against the better sides we miss him badly. Toby going to be a big miss. Another dodgy decision against us for the 1st goal. Disappointing but not a disaster still above them , they played like it was their cup final. A win next Saturday will put us back on track. Already qualified from champions league group so not all doom and gloom. Also thought Sissoko had a good game. Not a fan of his at all and would be happy to see him sold but was good today.

Bazza47 and Nomadico like this.
  17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Nomadico what do you base your evidence to the contrary on?

Is it the bursting trophy cabinet ?

18. Nomadico Well-Known Member

No Felon,I base it on fact,the progress from a top 10,a top 6,4thCL,3rdCL,2ndCL..The team is still not there yet I agree, but to state they "Never Will"is wrong!!!..COYS

Bazza47 likes this.
  19. Felon82 Well-Known Member

In that case then I got 3 numbers the other night so I'm gonna win the lottery.

20. Bazza47

For me this was our worst performance for a long time, in such a key fixture. We used to turn up like this at the beginning of Poch's time away from home, but not recently.

We totally lacked sharpness in a number of key positions.

From the back.... thought Hugo could have stopped the Sanchez goal, 6, Sanchez was our best player for me and one of the few worth the money, 8, Dier was ragged and looked tired, 6, Verts, okay, 6, Trippier going forward was reasonable going forward, defensively less so, 6, Sissoko gave his best performance in a Spurs shirt - needs an end product though, 7, Dembele looked far from match fit, 6, Davies is probably our most improved player, 7, Dele and Kane both looked off the pace, HK unfit even, 6 for each one is generous, Eriksen left all his good work on the Croke Park pitch, 6. Lots of very average performances combined together for a decidedly ragged team effort.

Three defeats in 12 isn't good. We have 4 winnable games coming up, so let's hope we can pull back some lost ground to all the high rollers. With such a busy programme it's not the time to be carrying injuries, for sure.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button