No Spurs in England; Sherwood sacked in the morning, and King's Swansong!

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, May 12, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Josh Bolton

Josh Bolton Active Member

Twitter:
    JMRBolton3
    3 Lions, but no Cockerels

At 2 o’clock this afternoon Roy Hodgson announced his squad for this summer’s 2014 World Cup in Brazil. And, for the first time since 1954, there will be no Tottenham players representing England at the tournament.

With Kyle Walker and Andros Townsend injured; none of Dawson, Lennon, Rose or even Harry Kane could book a place on England’s plane.

Once associated as a club famed for its English talent, the fact that no English Spurs player will play for their country at a WC in 60 years speaks volumes of our current predicament.

Sherwood getting sacked in the morning!

Today, sports journalist Simon Austin tweeted: “Daniel Levy and Franco Baldini will sit down tomorrow to talk about managerial situation at #thfc” – prompting the belief that Sherwood could be relieved of his duties as early as tomorrow.

With Sherwood to be woken up from his Lilywhite nightmare, reports have also emerged today that clubs are ready to offer Tim a way back into football management as soon as he is sacked.

Sherwood is the current favourite with the bookies to replace Oscar Garcia at Brighton, after the Spaniard has resigned following his side’s 6-2 play-off defeat on aggregate to Derby.

As well as Brighton, Sherwood is favourite to become the new Norwich manager, after the Canaries stated that they would announce a new managerial appointment within a week. This story was put forward by TalkSPORT.

With two jobs available, Sherwood is left with two possible avenues to go down in his next press-conference; either stating that he bleeds “blue and white” or that of “yellow and green”.

Ledley King’s Spurs Swansong

At 8p.m this evening, White Hart Lane will show its appreciation for former club captain, as well as club legend – Ledley King, in a testimonial match.

Having made his debut in 1999, King went on to make 323 appearances for the club before injury put paid to his career aged 31.

In the match, King’s guest XI, includes legends such as Anton Thelwell, Ruel Fox and Pascal Chimbonda, who will take on a select Spurs XI. King stated of the occasion: “It will be an extremely emotional evening for me, especially to play again at White Hart Lane in front of our amazing fans and I will savour every moment.”

2. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Tim getting sacked may as well be done sooner rather than later and a new manager appointed as soon as possible. I just hope it isn't Garcia, Benitez or Moyes. But I think it will be one of them. And they will get sacked by Xmas.

3. Alex in NY Guest

What's the risk for Levy to keep Sherwood? He did pretty well, the chance he will do worse than past season exist, but there will be no transition period that turmoils the team once new manager is hired. Fans? What do they know? There is no profet in homeland, never was... They need new toys every season. Statistiaclly Sherwood looks good. Finance is about numbers, so bosses should like Sherwood too. If I was Levy, I'd keep Tim at helm.

peterpabe likes this.
  4. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

For me, keeping Tim would be a disaster for the club. you often hear comments about Tim being out of his depth and its true, Tim is way out of his depth at spurs. tactically he's tried a few different things, some seeminly a tad bizarre, he openly admits he doesn't think much about formations, he doesn't think much about holding MFs, he doesn't know his best 11. ( no one does but as a manager you dont say it ). the same mistakes at the back week after week weve been too predictable and easy for most teams to open us up often scoring against us in the first run foward.Tim has never addressed our vulnerabilities other than to blame the players, worse he provokes and insults senior players in the media relentlessly making unessesary and embarrassing comments. look at his stats all you like they are extremely flattering and dont tell the story of how easy weve been to score against and how lacklustre and predictable we have played. I dont think Tim has a full season in him at this stage but we will never really know because even if he did stay and the team failed he would just blame the players that will leave our club this summer juat so they dont have to play under him.

5. James Guest

It's embarrassing that we don't have any players at the World Cup. Personally I thought Lennon was consistent enough to earn a spot on at least the standby list, but I will admit that while his work-rate is top notch and he sometimes has moments of brilliance, his final product isn't good enough for a winger with his potential. He's running out of time to improve.
    We are a top 4 team, regardless of where we finish, we have the quality, spirit and potential to be a top 4 team so it's very frustrating that we're underachieving this much. It's all well and good to be patient but we haven't gotten nearly enough indications that our patience is being rewarded. No matter where we've finished we've always been able to say that we're a team on the rise but it definitely didn't look that way this season. Hopefully we'll get back on track next season.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button