Next Up Juve

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, February 13, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So off we Travel to Turin for a meeting with the Old Lady herself Juventus.

After having scooped a very respectable 7 points from 9 Vs Utd, Pool and LeScum with advancement in the FA cup also there are plenty of reasons to be cheerful.

I for 1 feel very optimistic about this tie, I think if we play at a high tempo Juve will find it hard to handle us.
    Play cagey and it will suit them.

With the second leg being at Wembley it's usually an advantage to play second at ''Home", get home unscathed and we have every chance of progressing.

Italian teams are notorious for using every trick in the book so the team needs to keep its cool and show the maturity/mentality to cope. Not getting dragged into unnecessary nonsense.

Yet Another big game/tie in our season time for the Lads to step up.

A win (please)
    A draw (away goal good)
    A Loss (pressure on)

Prediction I'm going with a 1-2 Spurs win, but have a feeling it may be a 1-1.

Gordon Mc, Nomadico and burnt like this.
  2. burnt Well-Known Member

I'm with you here mate , if we play a high energy game I think we'll cause them some serious bother .. A slow laboured performance will play into their hands , and we've seen plenty of them this season .. Keeping calm will be important , they're well experienced and will know all the dark arts of the game , we have a few hot heads out there this eve , a few who can be quite rash at times , Ali , Lamela , Sanchez + Aurier .. This will be vital i.m.o ... I'd be well happy with a score draw here , in fact I'd settle for 3 X 2-2s away from home and 3 x 1-1s at home , 6 draws and one win & you would be bringing old big ears home , Lol ... Looking forward to this a lot more then I was a few weeks back ... Famous last words ... C.O.Y.S ....

Gordon Mc and Felon82 like this.
  3. Nomadico Well-Known Member

A shock to see you in such a good mood Felon let us all hope that after the win at the weekend we can carry on with the piza boy's.....COYS..

Gordon Mc and Felon82 like this.
  4. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Well-Known Member

This is Poch (actually it's me in a Poch accent) - right lads, keep it tight first 10-15, get into them though, and let them know you're here - OK Eric ? - but see you Alli, no fecking nonsense at any time, play your game. Erik - no fannying around and when the pass is on, use it. Serge - be aware of what's going on around you and if any of you are in serious diffs at the back - hoof it into the car park. H - don't need to tell you nuffink - just do it. They can be beaten and WE can do it. Go for it boys - COYS

5. Gordon Mc

Well - so much for keep it tight. Two stupid tackles, two stupid goals. J*sus.

6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Ridiculous, how can you not think pick up Higuaine from a Free kick?

7. burnt Well-Known Member

He's some brain-dead clown that Aurier , we're killing ourselves here ... Christ above lads get a grip .. There's something in this for us if we can hold it together .. That's a big if now tho ... C.O.Y.S .....

Felon82 likes this.
  8. Gordon Mc

Not sure if your channel/ stream showed it but mine (TV3) did - Alli pulled back as he turned after HiguaĆ­n. Might not have got him but...... anyway

9. burnt Well-Known Member

Well that was a rollercoaster , lol , it's easy laugh now .. We got away with it really , I know we played well for periods and probably deserved something from it on performance alone but the mistakes were criminal .. Hopefully we'll learn from it but I think some of them will always be liabilities , the key for us now is to avoid having too many on the pitch at the same time ... Cracking contest tho , we're very much still alive & I think most of us would have taken this result before throw in ... C.O.Y.S ....

10. Gordon Mc

Not so sure "we got away with it" Burnt - it looked like we were in for a real seeing-to early on, but when we settled I thought we fully deserved the draw. Some mistakes, yes, but that happens all the time. Aurier a proper liability and Davies shaky enough at times, although he put his clanger behind him well, but a LOT of character in that side tonight and Dembele ? What can you say ? Awesome show again. Juventus not at full strength, admittedly, but still a tough proposition and we faced them and didn't blink. Well done boys, just don't b*alls it up 2nd leg.

11. burnt Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm being harsh but giving away 2 goals in first 10 mins and another penalty on half time , well if you get out of a game unscathed after that I think you probably got away with one ... I'm not disputing how well we played in between or our character to keep going after a shocking start ..

Gordon Mc likes this.
  12. Gordon Mc

Yeah - see what you're saying. Anyway - generally happy all round then. Glass slightly over half-full with me at this stage - a welcome change from only half-full.

burnt likes this.
  13. burnt Well-Known Member

Absolutely delighted all things considered , the level of performance was excellent again , that's 4 really good performancs in a row now but have to stop the craziness .. First min against whinge bag pool we gave away another stupid goal that prob cost us two points in the end ... If things go against us at Wembley , believe me we,ll be looking back at first 10 mins tonight ...We are certainly putting a run of high level performance's together but we're nowhere near as solid at the back or as deadly up top as we were this time last year .. As far as the defence goes it's perfectly understandable when you consider all the changes and as far as the front goes well we're just not getting the spread of goals we were last season .. If we can sort that out to some degree , we'll be in fine fettle for the run in .... C.O.Y.S ...

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button