New sponsor at NIKE Hart Lane?

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by GarethMcKnight, January 24, 2015.

Share This Page

1. GarethMcKnight

GarethMcKnight Member

Twitter has come alive this morning as a rumour relating to Tottenham and a potential deal with Nike has emerged.

Journalist & deputy sports editor at The Herald James Morgan has revealed that a “reliable source”has informed him that Spurs’ next kit deal could well be with Nike.

“For my Spurs followers: heard from a pretty reliable source that the next kit deal will be with Nike.”

Spurs are currently in a deal with Under Armour, which is set to run until 2017, but there is certainly a case to suggest that a new provider come into the mix then.

A deal with such a major player in the sportswear world would surely be a positive step for Tottenham and could well be a real financial bonus for the club in the near future.

With Spurs set to leave White Hart Lane for a new stadium in forthcoming years, excited Twitter users have also suggested that the American company could potentially get involved with the naming right of the club’s home ground.

In modern football with financial competition off the pitch playing a key role in success on the field, having a partner such as Nike would be a real boost in Tottenham’s hopes of finishing in the top four on a regular basis and going head-to-head with English football’s most successful teams.

What are your thoughts - would you like Nike to be Spurs’ next kit manufacturer?

2. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

Doesn't really bother me. More money coming into the club is a good thing, but at the same time what matters is performances on the pitch

3. Peter Guest

I don't mind either as. Long as they have loads of dosh!

4. more money may just mean more control for Levy?

Money or sponsors was never really the issue at WHL, managerial revolving door, lack of stability, boardroom interfering with manager, wrong players purchased, players not performing have been the circular issues, in my opinion.

5. Stu Guest

what is a circular problem?

6. alex lake Guest

as long as nike don't go charging 90 odd pounds for a shirt like they have with England then I don't care its just another kit aint it????

7. John Guest

To be honest I don't really care I just want a nice kit

8. baz Guest

Yes please! I dont like under armour kits, nike do plain kits so well and will suit spurs I think

9. Tommo Guest

Yes please the name is the biggest alongside Adidas and they produce good looking kits and pay a lot for the right. Also if they sponsored the stadium calling it say the Nike Stadium then it would be beneficial to Nike if the rumours are true and we are to build a 61.000 capacity stadium to cater for American Football and Concerts aswell as football, Nike would want to be on board and at the forefront of the stadium with these 3 things in mind for an advertising point of view! have to wait and see.

Felon82 likes this.
  10. Vincent Guest

Nike ] is an American multinational
    corporation that is engaged in the design,
    development, manufacturing and worldwide
    marketing and selling of footwear, apparel,
    equipment, accessories and services. and famous but my suggestion is to sign ieg projects sponsors i have heard that ieg projects sponsors is Sponsorship [1] is a cash and/or in-kind fee
    paid to a property (typically in sports, arts,
    entertainment or causes) in return for access
    to the exploitable commercial potentials
    associated with that property, according to
    IEG.
    While the sponsoree (property being
    sponsored) may be nonprofit, unlike
    philanthropy, sponsorship is done with the
    expectation of a commercial return. ieg -
    please compare Nike And ieg projects to be the new deal. manchester united have made addidas for 750 million. if ieg projects is better than Nike or addidas. please sign for a big money deal more any other teams. about 2 billion

11. Brendan Guest

I personally think under srmour have done a great job with the kit, I got the away kit for xmas, but more money for the club would be great

12. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

more money would of course be welcome but only if it is re invested in the squad. You can have all the money you want but if you fail to invest it in the talent that can help you challenge for the title, it means nothing.
    The money would be good and I would like to see it in the hand s of so,done other than Levy.

Felon82 likes this.
  13. irishyid New Member

Sooner have adidas

14. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Bring back Pony

15. Under Armour are a larger company than Adidas

16. Jamie Guest

I think you're all underestimating just how big a company Under Armour is. I believe they are the secon biggest sportswear company behind Nike already.

But yes, Nike do the best designed kits, so would like that to happen. They seem to understand simplicity in design which would suit us well.

Under Armour's kits for Spurs have been awful.

17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Pony should be brought back, pony team, pony stadium, pony chairman, pony manager, pony atmosphere, pony transfers, pony DOF, u name it

18. Acton_Spur Guest

Please define what you mean by "larger", thanks.

19. de baron Guest

adidas are the worlds largest sports wear company
    under armour make nice gear but are a new up and coming company but there no adidas cmon you spurs

20. Peteski Guest

Be good if Nike come in. More dough and we can replace these horrible Under Armour kits which have been just awful..!!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button