My line-up to face Real Madrid (Now this really is a BIG match)

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Bazza47, November 1, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    So we arrive at Match Day 4 for the biggest game in the Club's history for many a day. We host arguably the best Club side in the world Real Madrid (apparently Poch thinks so) at the home of FA and our temporary home.

Can there be a better place to play host to such a big game. A full house, a vital fixture in the round of group matches and the possibility of Harry Kane returning to lead our attack. It will certainly lift everybody - the team, the manager, the fans - if he walks out behind Hugo tonight.

Never is that old adage "You have to beat the best, to be the best" truer than for this Game of Games. As a club the well known fact that we typically don't do well against the top sides needs to be pushed to the back of our minds, ignored even. Tonight needs to be treated as if it were Wembley hosting the Champions League final. In that regard it will be the biggest match of our players Club career.

If HK plays and with Dele returning, we have the opportunity to field a strong side, a rare event this season, or at least that is how it feels. We've rarely played the same team twice, so let's hope tonight is different.

The loss against Manure, with Dier playing in the back three clearly didn't work, given the nature of their winner, so for me I'd go with the following:

Lloris, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Aurier, Davies, Dembele, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Kane.

For me Dele had his best game this season in the deeper role he played against Liverpool, so I'd put him alongside Dembele. Whilst Moussa might not make a full game, he should be okay for 60-70 minutes, with Dier or Winks to fill in after that. The wing backs are working well and if Mad Dog doesn't lose his head they should stand us in good stead. I'd like to see Eriksen getting involved far more, prompting, probing....I wish.

I've largely ignored Real. Strong in most departments, an attacking machine, full of creativity and goals. They were a little unlucky in the first game. Let's leave it there. Tonight is about our performance. Play to our best level and it will be an awesome Wembley occasion.

Lots of character tonight please lads.

COYS

burnt likes this.
  2. Big fran Guest

I lloris trippier Toby Jan Davies.
    Dembele dier winks. Son eriksen Kane.

burnt likes this.
  3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Big Game, what would 3 losses on the bounce do to squad confidence?

To be fair losing to Madrid there is no shame in that if it happens as long as we make a proper match of it, our qualification from the group rests on the Dortmund away result.

A win of course would be superb and just what the doctor ordered.

I fancy another draw though, which would also be a good result.

burnt likes this.
  4. burnt Well-Known Member

A real glamour tie for sure , hard one to predict before we see the line ups ... Interesting to see how Poch sets us up in this one , no one would have predicted the line up in the reverse fixture.
    As we've seen over last few weeks , no matter what he does if we don't get a result then whatever he comes up with will be wrong ... He'll either be one dimensional or he's doing too much tinkering.
    I'd probably go Aurier , Davies full backs , Aurier is a bit combustible but his pace would be important , I'd like to put Rose in also but didn't look too sharp or too fit last week so I'd leave him till the weekend.
    Toby and Jan for sure , then does he go with Dier who can step in and out of midfield or Sanchez who has started well in fairness , has lots of pace and had a good game in the Madrid.
    I'd probably go Dembele & Winks , Erikson , think being able to keep the ball will be more important here.
    Finally Kane up top with , I'd probably go for Son instead of Ali ... I have to be honest im not Ali's biggest fan just yet ... People get very frustrated with Son , understandably so at times , but Ali is just as frustrating to me ... Im not sure what he is , I don't see enough quality from general play to be a No 10 , and I don't see a central midfield type of player there either .... Some of his finishing can be outstanding tho to be fair .
    No matter who starts we have to cut out the stupid errors of last week , that's for sure.
    C.O.Y.S

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button