Martinez and Pochettino flirt with Tottenham job

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, May 9, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Josh Bolton

Josh Bolton Active Member

Twitter:
    JMRBolton3
    It started with two Dutchmen – Louis and Frank.

Both were attractive in their ways, and both took an interest in us. Louis left us at the alter for another woman, a Red Devil you could say, whilst Frank’s stalker-like nature seemed to scare Daniel off any form of engagement.

As the heat died down, two more individuals expressed their fancy.

Although not as attractive as Louis and Frank you could argue, the new pair understands what it takes to have a successful relationship, between manager and club, in the Barclays Premier League.

The first of the pair was Roberto Martinez. A thoughtful lover, the Spaniard had only recently jumped ship from Wigan to Everton, but still, the heights and lights at White Hart Lane are still maybe enough to get his own heart racing.

Speaking of a possible match with Tottenham Hotspur, Roberto told Sky Sports: "it is a little bit as I always answer - any sort of speculation we take as a real footballing compliment. This is the time you are going to get rumours, with talk about new squads and the next moves”.

Although not a “yes” to a possible proposal from Daniel, it was neither a “no” from the Catalan man.

The second of the pair, is also fluent in the language of Spanish. However, the man whose name is Mauricio Pochettino, is asking for a 3-way relationship – between him, the club and his translator.

The silent lover or ‘the Poch’, has begun a blossoming relationship with the Saints, but with questions over the long-term commitment being raised, he may be on the hunt for new numbers – that of N.17.

Talking to ITV sport, Pochettino said: "It's not really up to me to decide when those talks happen but the club overall has to explain to me what this new project consists of and how it's going to start next season. Many things are bandied around and spoken and there are a lot of rumours thrown around."

Although still in a relationship, a fresh, new partnering could interest the Argentine it seems.

With Sherwood to be shortly dumped by Daniel, are these two the front-runners for a position that could reserve themselves a place in the heart of Spurs fans for the foreseeable future?

Only time will tell.

2. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

We need a long term manager with a long term plan. We have had neither for thirteen years. This time, more than any other time, we'll get it right!

3. IQa Guest

Haha, you wish, doubt either will go near Levy. Martinez has done surprisingly well at Everton and will not be looking for a move. Pochettino has a team of ambitious young mainly British players potentially on the verge of something very special if the media would just leave them in peace for a while. Why would either want to give up what they have for the merrygoround that is Spurs managers job and the overpaid mercenaries that go with it.

4. NYSpursFan Guest

Not only that, but the next manager needs to sell someof these players and buy smart. AVB sold Levy on a team vision that won't work in the EPL. So they're not bad players, but guys like Paulinho and Soldado will never succeed in England. They need to be sold so we can get players with more pace and skill with the ball.

The Cockerel and Felon82 like this.
  5. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Martinez wont leave the toffs after one year he strikes me as someone loyal to his club and a long term plan. Everton done well in getting him in, he was the one i wanted at spurs instead of AVB. shame. I have a feeling it will probably be poch who doesn't really inspire me.

6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Like i said in previous Levy is the problem at Spurs, no manager on top of his game would seriously want to work for the silent dictator. All this 'Levy backs his managers' is utter bs they are only backed once the rugs been pulled from under their feet. Our policies and ethos over the last few years has made us look a complete joke the job should be 1 that 90% of managers would jump at but because of Levy it is a poisoned chalice!

LEVY OUT!

7. The Cockerel

The Cockerel Member

You sure?

8. Stoke Spur Guest

You are all crackers.

We had a manager who was getting the team to play exciting football with decent results, but then he decided that he was a dead cert for the England job, and this is after Levy had stood by him all through his trial.

When Redknapp went we should have gone for another manager with a proven record, not a Chelski failure, this is what has set our club back 5-6 years.

Sherwood had been set an impossible challenge, working with a bunch of players that generally did/do not care about the club, any of them who want to go should be sold, the ones left have to either roll their sleeves up and perform or lose their place.

We now need to find a manager who has got tactical awareness and who is willing to bring in youngsters from our youth team which is doing well.

9. Faspurs Guest

Pocchetino would be my choice the guy gets his teams playing expansive attacking football, his vision and style of play is very similar to what Rodgers is doing at Liverpool and he's pulled it off with a mediocre team like Southampton imagine if he had better players .the way I see it managers like Benitez,de boer,anchelotti,van gaal rely on having good players and don't really go out to play a certain way then you have managers like :
    Wenger - who always play tippy tappy football
    Mourinho- defensive football
    Simeone- counter attacking football
    Sam allaydyce - long ball
    Pocchetino- high pressure attacking football
    Rodgers- high pressure attacking football
    We've had managers who just go with the flow and base their teams around players,we've had a defensive manager,now all we have to choose what type of football we want to play then choose a manager. for me it's pocchetino over every other manager out there .

Kid-e1 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button