Liverpool Vs Spurs - Potential line up

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, February 10, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Every blog you read says this a "must win" game for Spurs. I know I'm guilty of using the phrase but sometimes you do have to try and take a little step back. Tottenham Hotspur sit second in the Premier League. Yes, we have drawn too many games but just think if we had lost those games. If we had won we would be toe to toe with Chelsea of course, but we are doing well. Let's not lose sight of reality.
    What I don't want to do is to try and set myself up to moan if we were to lose at Anfield. Poch wants to win, the players want to win and the fans want to win.

I see a very open game. Liverpool will want to play on the front foot and I can't see them trying to defend because, well, they can't! And if Poch plays the system that suits us best, i.e. 3 at the back, Liverpool attacking should be just perfect for us. Walker could obliterate Milner at left back. Milner is okay of he's on his right foot, but on his left? Walker should have fun.
    Rose and Vertonghen missing are of course worries as their deputies are not great but I still want to see a back 3 for this evening kick off.

The bench looks weak again, but with young Edwards reportedly fit again, I would like to see him on the bench as he could offer a real difference should the need arise. Onomah has had his chances and wasted them all. It's time Poch took a chance on a youth player with real potential. And as we near the final hurdles, now is the time to be brave and bold!!!

Lloris, Dier, Alderweireld, Davies , Walker, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli, Son, Kane.

As ever, COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Jonesy and Deggsy56 like this.
  2. Spurs gal Guest

I totally agree about Onamah
    He is too lazy for first team. Edwards needs a chance, those few games he played just a few mins in pre season were exciting and if he could come on for Son nearer the end or perhaps just the late switch for Kane I think it would be a great time for him.
    I'm not a Son fan so I hope he has a better game, getting MOTM when he missed too many chances by being greedy 'again' is giving him the wrong impression, if he passes more we would get more, simple... let's also start shooting first time, none of this steady the ball then shoot. We are better than that. #COYS

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Agree with the line up Matt. However we dress this up, it is a huge game today.

If we want to challenge for the PL title, it is about time that we start winning these sort of fixtures. Absolutely the next step for us to progress.

In his 3 seasons in charge, Poch hasn't won a PL game at the Bridge, the Emirates, Old Trafford or Anfield.

Let's start today and put this right! Believe.

COYS

4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

It is a Must Win if we want to put in a title challenge or secure a Top 4 finish.

Liverpool have been dross recently and their run of form confirms that.

If Poch has done his homework and takes the blinkers off he will have seen Liverpool have been beaten by teams absorbing their pressure then hitting them fast on the counter.

We need big performances from the 3 amigos today Kane Alli and Eriksen they play well and get involved and we win.
    Big Games call for Big Players time to stand up and be counted!

5. burnt Well-Known Member

I take it Son plays on the left instead of Rose in your lineup Matt ... Son outside Davies down our left ... Think I'll have to watch it from behind the couch if they line up this way ... We better have lots of the ball or the old ticker could be in trouble ....

Never easy going to Anfield , draw wouldn't be the worst result here , would at least keep the gap between us .. Of course I hope we can get the three points like everyone else but this will be a difficult outing .... Hoping for the best ... C.O.Y.S .....

9 points behind against a team that really knows their job with no European football to come ... I honestly believe they could loose 4 or 5 games and still win this league ... That ain't going to happen ..... C.O.Y.S ......

Last edited: February 11, 2017
  6. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

The line up is spot on! I was right. Very disappointed with the formation. With 4 at the back we look average because it limits our attacking options.
    I want to see Spurs really go at Liverpool tonight night. I know people talk about wounded beasts but Poch should be telling the team o go out and try to absolutely oblitertate Liverpool tonight.

7. burnt Well-Known Member

Well that was bloody ugly .... Had to start well and not let them into a rythem but we did the opposite .... Surely we expected them to start like a train ... Offered nothing in the 2nd half either , it was so comfortable for them , that's probably the biggest annoyance for me ... We got what we deserved there I'm afraid ... Big battle on for top 4 now , 50/50 shot again at this moment I'm afraid ... Fixtures look kinder on paper now for a while but we all know it's never that simple ... Some juggling around to be done now with the Europa starting back up ... Onto the next one , will need to do a hell of a lot better then that if we're to get anything out of this season ... C.O.Y.S .....

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button