Linked with Sissoko & Isco, end with ...? It's Dudline day

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, August 31, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Only Sky can create over the top pantomime drama for transfer deadline day. And of course we have our very own pantomime villain in Mr Levy.
    So far we have done business early. Janssen and Wanyama coming in will add strength to the squad but the bench on Sunday looked a tad thin. Poch will not be swayed away from testing youth at the top level and I have no issue with that but with Champions league football to juggle with the Premier League and cups, we do need extra quality in all positions.

It's not unusual (cue Tom Jones tune now in head all day) for Spurs to be linked with every player on deadline day and as I write this, we are now linked with Sissoko from Newcastle. Newcastle had been quoting 30 million for him earlier in the summer so Levy has bid, allegedly of course, £16 million which is typical of how he does business.

We are also linked with Isco which would be a superb signing but I take that, as with all links to Spurs with a rather large pinch of salt.

Marseille winger Georges-Kevin Nkoudou may finally complete his transfer, which is still not finalised despite the player passing a medical a month ago.

I expect we may see a couple more go out of the door but if we do sign no one else, we still have a good squad but I'm not sure it would be good enough to manage the league, champions league and cups and a achieve success. We burnt out by the end of last season and that would be my biggest fear this season.

Jim White will talk like a demented gibbon for a few hours whilst sat next to rather stunning ladies dressed as bananas. And cue that moment when he says it's time to go to White Hart Lane as there is breaking news regarding the 3 signings Spurs were trying to get over the line- " Yes Jim, They're all off."

As ever come on you Spurs!!!

2. Husty Guest

I do understand where you are coming from having been left very disappointed in the last few windows but this has a different feel to it.

Sissoko looks likely and I understand Lopez and N'Koudou are all but done.

Would love Youri Tielemans to backup Dembele and dream signing would be Lacazette to offer something different up front but that would be dreaming...

Have faith and COYS!!!

3. Brian1042 Guest

You seem to contradict yourself.

First you state that we need additional quality in all positions then you state 'if we do sign no one else, we still have a good squad'. Which is it?

Yes, we we have been linked with many players, as per normal. Not the fault of the chairman or manager. So what?

We may end up with one more, three more or zero more. This is normal.

4. Mattj78

I am saying that we do have a good squad but question whether it is good enough to deal with all of the competitions we are in this seasons.

Nomadico and Felon82 like this.
  5. Bobo New Member

Tottenham are set to sign Newcastle's Moussa Sissoko for an eventual £30m, Sky sources understand.
    Sources have told Sky Sports News HQ that an agreement has been reached for Spurs to pay five instalments of £6m to sign the France international.
    Sissoko was given permission by the France national team to leave their camp ahead of a friendly against Italy to complete the transfer, leaving at 9am on Deadline Day.

Mattj78 likes this.
  6. Mattj78

Sissoko has left the French squad to return to England. Spurs have now cooled their interest.
    Why do I get this horrible feeling that he will end up at the Gooners.
    Let's face it, levy has form for signing players for our rivals- Willian, Petit.........Sissoko?

7. GerryMc Guest

Given Daniel's long and proven track record as a transfer bungler, you may well be correct that Sissoko will be on his way to the library though that does depend on Arsene putting his hand in someone's pocket having already compromised his steadfast reluctance to fritter money twice in the past few days One certain thing is that dear Daniel will keep things teetering on a cliff edge until he pulls out at the last moment as the Newcastle, Madrid or whatever board won't give him an extra fiver off

8. guesty Guest

Fabregas is available!? :D

9. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Our business is most likely done once n'koudou and the keeper sign.
    Players priced at 30m will not be moving to Spurs especially for 16m, it's classic Levy Deadline day 'we tried'.

We have a good 1st team (when in form) but we have little to no options to maintain level or improve.

Personally I think we will struggle to maintain our top level throughout which will bite us on the back side come business end (no change there then).

Lots of fans seem happy and content with this as does the board, but imo when you get chances to kick on you must take them, speculate to accumulate.

We don't/didn't need loads just more than what's been done. My worries are the pitfalls that come from experiencing champions league and failing to qualify again the year after. A place we have all been before.

Nomadico likes this.
  10. Big fran Guest

Isco though a good player is similar to what we have in no 10s alli and eriksen so I don't see that one myself. Sissoko is massively over priced for me 30m... But is what we need in a multi functual midfield who will primarily play from the right hand side adding pace power and goals. For 6m more though u get mane or mahrez. For 10m less you get vardy.
    People bigging the youth up is all well and good but onomah has nearly 30 appearances now and has shown zero(a loan would suit), winks has had a few cameos but is he ready to push for starts I feel not.

11. burnt Guest

30 appearances for Onomah is overselling it a wee bit , 28 of them were probably less then 10 mins long , but I know what you're saying ... As I've said numerous times we've got to have patience if that's the road we're going down and it looks that way ... Bony on loan would have been a decent back up Striker I.m.o but hes gone elsewhere ... Look what ever about transfer fees prem Lg clubs won't be signing top class players on peanut wages anymore , the whole world knows about the amount of money now in the game and I have a feeling that's as big a stumbling block for us as the actual fees ... It's nearly over thank **** , and we,ll know exactly where we stand in a few hours ....

( It is unusual for Spurs to sign anyone , do do do ) ....... That feckin song ...........

12. Mattj78

Onomah hasn't really played enough but I have seen signs of some real quality there if he is given some time to bring it out.

I keep hearing about Levy and his typical dealing in transfer windows. Other than VDV which was a last minute signing that smacked more of Refknapp than Levy, Levy has sold on deadline day constantly leaving us short and never replacing the talent we sell on.
    He told us all about our special relationship with Madrid that does not and has never existed.
    Once again today with Sissoko he just makes himself and the club look foolish and it's just pathetic.

Nomadico likes this.
  13. Nomadico Well-Known Member

I gave up a long time ago attempting to understand the madness that make's Levy tick,every transfer window we have the same old worn out record of failure to sign our targets,this one has even a better twist the long drawn out saga of the Koudou transfer,Isco,the special relationship is only in his mind we have NEVER had any good treatment from Madrid and I doubt we ever will,and as Felon pointed out we have been here before,we get CL and failure to take advantage the following season,the team suffer burn out towards the end of the season and we have no backup's so we suffer a 5 Nil spanking from the barcodes,Im sure Levy sit's in his bath tub full of pound notes thinking of who and where he can get more cash from!! Of course he will prove me wrong and sign some one tonight,but some how I doubt it, enjoy your bath Mr Levy.....

14. Mattj78

N Koudou has signed and now Levy is trying to say he's only player we were interested in.

15. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

What can you say......consider this...

Newcastle want £30m for Sissoko, over 5 years.

We offer £25m, so £5m over 5.

Did Levy really pass up on Sissoko for £1m a year for 5 years.

Answer: He did.

Do you ever feel that this might just not be worth the pain and the angst....

PS or did he...

Last edited: August 31, 2016
  16. Mattj78

And now Levy pops up to pay 30 million anyway.

17. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

You never know Matt, perhaps he thought about it and decided &1m over 5 wasn't any big deal, as he can recover from our season ticket prices from next season.....lol

18. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Sissoko done

19. Felon82 Well-Known Member

30 mil???

I will never understand the logic behind our leader.

Lets hope its worth it.

Nomadico and Mattj78 like this.
  20. guesty Guest

I can only assume that Levy finally has a manager he trusts

Mattj78 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button