Linked with Sissoko & Isco, end with ...? It's Dudline day

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, August 31, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

That's a good thing, I trust Poch. If he wants Sissoko that bad, then it may be worth it. We paid 30mil for Lamela....I think Sissoko can be worth it. Poch will make sure he works hard, with him and N'Koudou....we can finally stretch the field and run at & behind defenses. It will definitely make Kane, Janssen, and most of all Eriksen's jobs much easier!!

2. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Levy overpaid 4 or 5 million. No one will criticize him. No one. It gives Spurs supporters the feeling that we belong to the top. Last time I felt that way was 3 years ago. I was quite miserable season after. Hope this one will be entirely different. COYS!!

3. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

I look at it this way. We paid £25m for Soldado and that was 3 years ago, different and "cheaper" market.

I'm going to take the view that £30m is a Good deal and look forward to 2016/17.....

COYS

4. Big fran Guest

Have we overpaid for Sissoko!? Of course we have but that's the way football is these days. I can't be critical of levy for that nor backing his manager.
    He's a good player who will probably start from the right of midfield and can cover bases. He's not the out and out top class winger we needed so I don't think we will get top four with the man utd city Chelsea all nailed on. It will be a scrap four the fourth spot with ourselves the goons Liverpool and possibly Everton and Leicester. I'm expecting a good run in the CL with a favourable group so our squad maybe a little thin. We will heavily have to rely on the kids to step up and contribute fast.
    One last thing on Sissoko I would expect to sign a guaranteed starter. If alli lamela eriksen dembele son are all fit and on form does he start ? Opinions pls.
    I would have preferred Mane Rodriguez or Schurrle.
    Decent window nonetheless to be honest. Fair play Mr Levy.

5. Nomadico Well-Known Member

At last it is closed,the drama,the long drawn out Koudou saga,now we can concentrate on the football,and as for the logic of Levy is there life on Mars!!!COYS

Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  6. guesty Guest

Even without Sissoko it is difficult to pick a guaranteed starter. But that is hopefully the right situation.
    maybe now we'll have players who produce regularly or face not starting. and/or Pochy has the option of quality in rotation.
    NB - Sissoko moved for CL football....so he can start in that! ;)

7. Dace Member

Transfer window all done for another year.

Sissoko imo will be a plus for the team.
    He has drive, a pair of lungs, can run all day and is a powerhouse.
    With him and Wayanama (plus dier.Dembele) we have some serious power should it be required, ie the bridge.
    It is a big plus also he is use to the PL, that cannot be discounted.

Isco....was tempted but who can blame him for staying at RM.
    They are about to enter a 2 year transfer ban, so he has two years to reestablish himself, they play alot of games and he will get minutes, perhaps more should Ronaldo move on next Summer.

Count Dukou, who knows, apparently two footed and very fleet of said foot, should he stay injury free he may have more of an impact than N'jie.

Players we let go did not actually feature that much last year.

Remember at the end of last season it was rumored that Poch was not happy with the team that capitulated.
    Perhaps the four new additions (not counting the keeper) are there to push or perhaps to replace those players.

I will leave it to each of you as to which players did not contend at the end of last season, yes the title went at chelski but the two games after (esp. Newcastle) showed Poch who he can depend on.

Maybe even he was/is not too impressed with the two boys that got banned, Ali and Dembele for their stupid actions. In Ali's case he really needs to lose the gangsta attitude, yes he is young but players know they can wind him up and with the head movement he may well get a red card or two this season. That could derail a promising career.

I really feel we need to make the CL again next year else we may well have a few departures !!!

Looking forward to the rest of the season and even the next window.

(Would not be surprised to see us go for Berahino in the Winter window)

Bazza47 likes this.
  8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Most definately wouldve preferred all 3 of them.

Bizarre it really is

Mattj78 likes this.
  9. burnt Guest

So what odds would you have got last week on Levy spending a supposed 30 mill on a 27 y/o with a reputation comparable to Adebayors ..... Lol , strange days indeed ...
    I know very little about him , looked a handful at Euros for sure but it's a dangerous game judging players solely on the their international form ... Barcode's weren't disappointed to see the back of him ... The last time I remember them slaging us after we bought one of their player's was after we bought Jenas ..... Sometimes I wish I was part of the short memory brigade .... Lol ... Hope it works out .... C.O.Y.S ......

Nomadico and Felon82 like this.
  10. Nomadico Well-Known Member

If he is another Ade then I'm sure Poch will sort him out,he is a gamble at 30mil but there are reports that the price could be a lot lower,it sounds like a normal Levy transfer..COYS..

11. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Having watched England toiling last night, does anybody have a view on the form of the Famous Five.

Harry looked totally shite again, with no touch at all. Eric looked laboured, in fact apart from Deli, they all did. Danny was ragged.

Their form has been poor for several games now, apart from the full backs perhaps.

I'd rest Kane and Dier for Saturday, play Janssen on his own, to see how he handles Shawcross and Co, and put WAnyama and Sissoko in the side. I think Moussa has one more game to serve, doesn't he?

Defo a bit of a lack of form around. We stuffed these last season on a Monday night, played them off the park, with Eriksen running the show. A repeat please lads.

COYS

Felon82 and Nomadico like this.
  12. guesty Guest

England certainly labored last night.....and the press seems to be going on about Rooney's position.
    For me we looked labored because of Henderson's inclusion!

IMO it has to be Alli behind Kane for England. ...and with that in mind against weaker opposition we don't need Henderson alongside Dier! ....Dier is a better defender in that position than Henderson....and Rooney alongside him is fine.....IF he has Alli ahead of him.

I think Big Sam will bring in wide attacking players to get the ball in early....as Walcott did on a couple of occasions. ...perhaps we'll see Townsend.

On the Spurs front...I don't see Pochy resting Alli or Kane this early in the season. They will both be very keen to get on the ball more.....and score goals. ....mind you...Pochy has options now!

COYS

Bazza47 and Nomadico like this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button