It's nearly time...What's your starting 11?

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, July 29, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Thomas Guest

I've always wanted to ask, is the opinion based purely on personal taste or have they really read that little to begin with? (Dublin Spur, Wed, 19:08)

You replied to my original post and asked a question. Weren't you asking how much I've read for me to derive at my opinion? I assume that I fall into the category of "they" that you mentioned. Please correct me if I am wrong. You have to read and understand things in the overall context.

What you were insinuating in your first reply to my post and the post you claimed I misunderstood is "How much have you read to justify your remark". To be frank, I shouldn't use the word insinuating since it was explicitly stated.

If you pose a question, then it's a matter of courtesy for me to reply. I'm simply replying your question and asserting my right to my personal opinion. What credibility am I trying to defend when nobody knows who I am? I could be Mary in my next post and you could be Jane.

You started the grammar thing, not me. Not sure why you felt that I misunderstood you or was portraying you as a "Grammar Nazi"? You are the one who's obviously defensive.

No hard feelings, bro.

2. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Levy will not offer higher wages. He will take the extra revenue and pocket it for ENIC!!!!
    Higher wages will not suddenly mean we can sign the best players!!!!

3. Thomas Guest

I do think it is in the interests of ENIC to re-invest some of the additional revenue rather than pocketing all of it. Offering higher wages will attract better players which gives us a better chance of playing in CL which in turn generate further revenue. I'm sure Levy knows and understands this. To be fair, he didn't pocket all the Bale money but reinvested them in buying new players though that strategy didn't work out.

4. Lloris rose vertonghen alderweireld trippier alli bentaleb chadli eriksen Kane

5. dublin spur Guest

Look at the quote again. It was a rhetorical question. That's why I used the word "they" and not "you".

And you quite clearly do have hard feelings about this. Hence your unwillingness to let it drop or accept my explanation.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button