Indefensible. Spurs V Leverkeusen Player Ratings

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, November 2, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Muhoo Guest

Why is sozzoko 6ft something trying to play like a winger when all are forwards are short I,e,son,eriksen,Ali,maybe sizzoko and dier should be are strikers,

2. burnt Well-Known Member

Holy sh1t , just woke up with a rattling hangover and realised it really did happen , it wasn't just a nightmare ... Too sick too even contemplate what the hell that was all about ..

The reaction on Sunday will be interesting to see .. I predict Poch riles the **** out of them and we play something like that demented , class less , thuggish performance we got at Chelsea last season .. We look like we have no bottle and if that's the case we will loose our heads again when things aren't going our way especially if Poch tries to get the blood pumping before , especially in a derby with the arch enemy .. We crumble mentally and it will only manifest itself in one way if that's the case ...

Total meltdown , individual and collective , we got a few hints last season we weren't good under pressure .. I hoped it was just inexperience ... I wasn't impressed with our performances from the get go this season regardless of the results but it was early and hoped we'd get it together somewhat , deluding myself thinking well it must be a good sign of any team that gets results when their playing poorly .. I mentioned the run of games coming between then and mid Dec , how difficult they looked on paper with so few being played at the Lane and then came the performance against City , woh - ho I taught , a sign of life finally , perfect timing to get it together , use the confidence from that and kick on .. I wrote in a post sometime around the last international break , the next set of games will tell us a lot more about Pochs 16/17 version of Spurs .. Well here we are ... At this moment in time it's an absolute car crash ....

Injuries to major players throughout the spine haven'tt helped , we all worried how we'd manage if Harry got injured or lost his way , well we got our answer .. Dembele was monstrous for us last season in the middle of the park , when he missed any games last season he left a massive void , one we couldn't fill so we knew what it was like when he was out ... Then to top it all off we loose Toby , now a lot of us felt he was the key man but we weren't sure because he was never out but we certainly know now ... Loosing all 3 for the same period , was just too much for our squad to handle .. Slowly but surely over the last few weeks our confidence has started to wain , ( it's suspect anyway ) started at the top end of the pitch and slowly seeped right thro and last night's performance was the end result I.m.o ...

Last thing , and I'm not blaming Wembley for last night's shambles but it doesn't help us in anyway playing there ... It's a soleless hole of a place ... To think we play all our home games at that place next season sends a shiver through me for all the wrong reasons ....

How the hell are we back in a place like this again ... We are some suckers for punishment us Spurs fans ..........

Mattj78, Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  3. Nomadico Well-Known Member

It is not Wembley that is soleless but the team,highly paid and inflated ego's,and a manager who will not change even when it is clear things are not right,Plan B We are still waiting for plan A,we can not blame Wembley it is just a stadium,so put the blame where it belongs with the team who could not manage a single shot for 30 minutes,what ever has happened to them Poch has to sort it out and fast,the visit Sunday to the toilet bowl up the road will be very painful for us Fans, the team owe us to at least show some passion may be a shot or two,but if they role over again without a fight and play like a bunch of school kids then it is time to get out of our club and join a Sunday pub team,A SPURS shirt is WORN with PRIDE,The same PRIDE we Fans show when we come and support the team.....

Mattj78 and Bazza47 like this.
  4. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Personally I'd sit them all, starting with MP, in a room together and make them watch all 90 minutes of last night's debacle. Every single second. They may then understand how close to 83,000 home fans felt last night. FFS.

burnt and Mattj78 like this.
  5. barney Guest

ive been going to spurs for 2 long to stop now its a habit i wonder if jeremy kyle can get me some help in rehab the football is **** but i still turn up week in week out i only wish the players would ive seen some average sides over the years even the side that went down in the 70s had some fire in the belly not this lot

burnt, Bazza47 and Mattj78 like this.
  6. Bazza47

Sissoko.......

I watched him at the Euros......he was pretty good, so I wasn't too anti him being signed.

Did you see him last night. A donkey is far too good a description for him. He couldn't stop a ball that was hit a yard wide of him.

It is of course not his fault that he is not good enough to match his price. What is wrong is that DL left it so late in the transfer window that they paid....say in quickly...£30m for a muscle bound player who looks as bad as any new recruits I've seen at The Lane in a decade. He wouldn't pay the money for Bolasie, or MP wouldn't, or both of them. Any views on who is the better buy?

Felon82 and burnt like this.
  7. Bazza47

Barney that is so true for many of us. Quite whether it will be the same this and next season if the dross delivered yesterday is anything to go by.

8. burnt Well-Known Member

The passing alone was incredibly bad , you actually wouldn't believe it if you hadn't seen it .... I find it hard to understand how professional footballers could be so bad at such a fundamental part of the game .... Erikson , Walker , Sissoko , just three of them , there were more , but wow , they actually looked like they they hadn't played football before ... Im not joking when I say , with all this match fixing over the last few years if there were any sort of unusual betting patterns as they call them , then you'd have every right to be suspicious looking at that game .... It's one thing being too ambitious and not finding your man with Hollywood passes but we couldn't pick someone out 5 - 10 yards away unmarked ... It really was beyond belief ......

Bazza47 likes this.
  9. Felon82 Well-Known Member

I said pre season we needed to add genuine quality to the side and use the CL exposure as a lure, to avoid repeating the same mistakes as last time in our maiden voyage.

Again Danny Boy and whoever his current Puppet is go for the cheap options or nobodies to 'mould' who do not improve the team, and then Danny does his 5yr spunk up to prove 'he spends' on an inevitable dud.

I said at the time 'il never understand the workings of our Chairmans mind' when the Sissoko deal went through(i mean what the hell was Sissoko doing so well that Poch or Danny thought thats exactly what we need?), with him in charge it will always be a 1 step forward 2 steps back deficiency at Spurs.

I had to end of last season and all of pre and this season point out to many that last seasons 'achievements' were more by default than obtained.

Last season while all were loving the draws that seasons past we may have lost again i was pointing out that drawing too many games will cost us (it did and is still doing) again this season it is repeating itself while others call us title contenders and laud being unbeaten.

I questioned Poch's methods last year while people were creaming over nicking a goal win or a draw and said that plan A is ok when it works otherwise its just flat and that he badly needs to switch things up, or get players good enough to play his system.

Only the other day i was called a Doom Mongerer and the glass half empty party pooper, ive been constantly bandied about as negative.

But im right in what i say and i only say it because i care, the Truth shall set you free Spurs fans. And the Truth hurts.

We need to stop seeing and clinging to the meerest positive in Epic failure, and we need to demand more from a board that has delivered next to nothing!

Since when did doing nothing become so accepted and actively encouraged?

This slop thats been served up recently is nothing new its been going on for a while people have just been blinkered to it for ages.

Its time we all woke up as a fan base and let the Board know that they need to do alot more for us fans on the actual f*cking pitch.

And il wait for the barrage of 'go to' defenders ie

Look at the Training ground
    Look at the Stadium
    Look at the Academy
    Look at the 90s

Look at the f*ucking Trophy Cabinet!!!!!

Last edited: November 3, 2016
    bruski and Bazza47 like this.
  10. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Lamela is a Prime example of Spurs Fans clinging to positives in Epic Failure

Sweeping Scum pipping us to 2nd under the carpet because we finished 3rd Another

Soldado Another

I still remember sitting in the stands and hearing fans begging Lewis Holtby to stay, whats he doing now?

Why do we love Epic Failure so much?

It goes on and on

Last edited: November 3, 2016
  11. Bazza47

I do understand Felon.
    We do accept under performance in our lifelong support of our team, but there is one thing that sets us apart from many of our "rivals".....funding, or put another way a funding model that would allow us to spend vast amounts to get marquis players, fee and salary, far in excess of our annual income.

We don't have the Manure funding model, the bottomless pocket owners like Sheik City or Chelski, the pour money down the drain owners until they eventually get it right owners like The Scouser's, not to mention that lot down Seven Sisters. Nor do we have an Academy that provides an endless flow of free talent, like the Saints.

The truth is we do not have a £'s to really attract the top players, or haven't an owner who has more money than sense.

Now whilst that doesn't mean we should condone piss poor acquisitions, £90m on Lamela, Soldado, Sissoko.....painful the more you say it, it does limit what we can reasonably achieve.

These last couple of seasons we have exceeded certainly my own expectations. We've looked good, the best side in the league even, that wasn't a mirage.
    But the truth is in life, business and Premier League football, you get what you are able to pay for it.

Quite where we go from here is in the lap of the gods.....

We are Tottenham. We are Spursy. To dare is to do.

COYS

Nomadico and Felon82 like this.
  12. Dace Member

The only thing that made me smile after the CL shambles... Guesty .. well done !

13. Dace Member

November could be a month where Poch's tenure could well be tested ..
    Apparently he told Levy that Sissoko was the one he wanted.
    Sissoko very obviously is not what we required.
    Should we get thrashed by Arsenal and Chelsea and lose to West Ham, then exit the CL, it could be the end of Poch.
    Maybe even he is losing the dressing room, Dier looks like he is unhappy.
    Our bench or reserves get very little game time, take Wimmer ... came in, was brilliant for Verts, then got dropped, played in the ECL, was poor ... lack of game time or has Poch put him along with others on the naughty step ..
    Weekends NLD....as mentioned above, either the thuggish game like the Chelsea one last year or as I suspect, we will be chasing shadows as we get tonked !

Bazza47 likes this.
  14. Bazza47

Dier looks like he's carrying the world on his shoulders and in truth a centre back position carries so much more responsibility that a HMP. Need to get him out of the back four asap is my sense, then get his head right. Looks depressed. A bit like me after Wednesday......

15. Felon82 Well-Known Member

We have a relatively settled back 5 bar the injury to Toby, but currently with the rest of the side we seem to have reverted back to the AvB days where theres no consistency to it anymore.

Its good having competition for places and the ability to rotate but it seems to me 'accomodating' has taken over.

Ie do we need Dier and Wanyama playing at the same time?
    When Kane is back is he a no9 or a no 10? Then what happens to Janssen?
    Is Son a winger or a striker?
    Is Eriksen a no 10 or Lamela or Alli or Son?
    Whats Sissoko? N'kodou?
    Dembele is struggling but what of him when he comes back?

Instead of being ruthless with some that simply flatter to decieve and upgrading on them, we have kept them and added some more of them and are now trying to cater for all at the detriment to the team.

Poch has his favoured (1 dimensional) system that he should have bought players to fit into it to make it excell whoever is drafted in, but in doing so you need a consistency like for like in that position when you rotate.
    Currently its try squeeze them all in but it doesnt suit the system.

Bazza47 likes this.
  16. bruski

bruski Active Member

Keep saying it as it is Felon82

Felon82 likes this.
  17. bruski

bruski Active Member

Apart from the obvious rubbishing, and quite rightly so, does anyone have any theories why the team looks so out of sorts? Is some thing breaking down in the dressing room? Is MoPo's policy of double training sessions too taxing? After all the boys could barely put one leg in front of the other which was highlighted in the first 10 seconds from kick off where were still tieing our bootlaces.
    Their is something not quite right underlying our poor recent performances. I don't know, do you?

Mattj78 likes this.
  18. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

We're missing leadership on the field. Normally Toby would be there to be the calming guidance o the field, especially within our defense. I can understand the offense not clicking and firing, but what does that have to do with our defending? Guess the confidence is low in the squad but it's up to Poch to make sure that these guys are motivated enough to control what they can; effort for once and cutting our errors. Some of the touches Walker was taking in our own box were unbelievable, rookie mistakes...there's no excuse for that!

Poch and the boys need to take a hard look at how they've performed, if the personnel isn't there to play in the 4231 then adapt a different system or changed the buildup play. When things aren't going your way that's when real coaching kicks in, and the players show what their character is!

Felon82 likes this.
  19. Big fran Guest

In reply to bruski my theory is simple. If like myself u believe the spine is key to a successful side then our spine in lloris Toby dembele dier Kane. Recently three have been unavailable and one moved to centre half due to injuries. Then our most creative player IMO eriksen is being moved around the side to accommodate Son and his form has gone accordingly. Now as much as I think poch is really making mistakes tactically and with his substitutions the performances of walker in particular the other night and also dier and sissoko you cannot legislate or have any control over.
    However in the summer we made some good signings to beef up the squad. My problem is this... Did we sign one single player that offers anything else other than beefing up the squad? Are any good enough to get in our best default 11? Answer is clearly No. I said all summer we should have bought a top quality wide attacker who could also play up top. Laczatette Mane Schurrle all mentioned. Mane was easily worth 5m more than Sissoko was he not? Instead we have Son who's a decent player but will he ever be more I'm not sure. Hell never be a CF that's for sure..

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button