Indefensible. Spurs V Leverkeusen Player Ratings

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, November 2, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

The title says it all. Whilst I have done my best to defend Spurs recently and felt that we are only a game away from everything clicking, tonight I cannot defend the indefensible. This was quite simply abysmal. Unacceptable. Pathetic.
    Poor in every position. Sissoko playing as a right winger, Eriksen terrible yet again and Janssen from the bench huffing and puffing but with no class. I have no other words. Apart from my player ratings.

Lloris - 6 Could do little about the calamitous goal. His distribution is really poor though.

Walker- 4 We all know that Walker is prone to a mistake but the ball was bouncing off his legs and he nearly gave a couple of goals away. Absolutely terrible performance.

Dier - 4 Not at his best but did rattle the bar with a free kick hence the overly generous score.

Vertonghen - 5 Had no protection around him or in front of him but was hardly a picture of composure himself.

Davies - 4 Had a couple of shots from long range that trickled into the keepers arms. Simply no deputy for Rose I am afraid.

Wanyama - 4 Poor against Leicester and was hardly in the game tonight other than his usual fouls.

Dembele -5 Picked up an injury which will be a concern ahead of the NLD.
    Sub - Janssen - 3 Came on and yes, you guessed it, huffed and puffed but just doesn't look like a class act. When Dier hit the bar, he was far too slow to react and simply not acceptable at this level I'm afraid. He looks every bit another Soldado.

Sissoko - 2 And that's being kind. I'm not sure at what point Poch decided he might make a right winger but goodness me he isn't! The odd decent touch failed to disguise a performance that shows just why he was part of a Newcastle team that was relegated from the Premier League last season. An awful buy. Truly awful bit if business. A desperate buy by Mr Desperate Dan.

Dele - 6 At least he tried to make things happen. He tried to get the ball and was the only player who can come away tonight with any credit at all.

Eriksen - 1 Game after game after game he fails to deliver. He can't pass, he can't shoot and his movement is non existent. So close to getting a big fat zero.
    Sub - Winks - Not really able to give a score.

Son- 4 Was he on the pitch? Nothing else to say.
    Sub - N'Koudou - did something only Alli did which was run around. No score given.

Pochettino got it wrong tonight but why is there no confidence in the squad? They looked like strangers in the night and before anyone starts, it has nothing to do with the stadium. If we play like that on Sunday then prepare to cry your hearts out. Pochettino will need to tear into that team tonight because that reminded me of some me of the performances under Dim Tim. Yes , it was THAT bad.

Kane should be back on Sunday but he alone cannot change things if we play like this. We are missing Toby, we have nothing up front and it looks like our Champions league journey could be over. We have to go to Monaco and win.

On tonight's from we couldn't win in a Sunday league match.

Right, that's enough from me. I think I've been kind with some of my scores. But let's not make excuses. That WAS unacceptable.

Bazza47, 71yid, Felon82 and 1 other person like this.
  2. burnt Well-Known Member

Horrific it was , watching the confidence draining right out of your team in front of your eyes is bloody hard viewing .. They haven't a back bone between them ... Characterless ....

Bazza47 and Mattj78 like this.
  3. Mattj78

Yes , very concerning. Very 'Spursy'

Bazza47 and burnt like this.
  4. 71yid

71yid Member

Totally agree, criminal performance and quite frankly im sick of hearing these players tell all and sundry what we/they need to do and how they can challenge for this that and the other. Woolwich will be salivating at the prospect of ending our unbeaten PL run by at least 3 goals on Sunday lunchtime. Very pissed off fan tonight!

5. STEVENFROMITALY Member

Great Mattj! I don't usually make rating relevant the players... Simply tonight we did not play the game ...it's a shame! Every year we discuss relevant the opportunity to play the Champions League ...every weekend we hope to gain points in order to reach the good spots and now...in this time the frustration is like after the last match against the Toon.You are right that was unacceptable...if we will play in this f.....g way against the gooners ....it's better " switch off the brain" . As ever COYS!

Bazza47 and Mattj78 like this.
  6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

DDDLDL Spurs Form.

What a Shower, predictably it was a 4231 even though we didnt have the personnel on the pitch to ever make a success of it but that's the 'philosophy' so lets run it into the ground no matter what.

Total unflexibility in the system no matter who is available. Son is not a lone striker, Sissoko is not a RW, Davies is not CL quality but lets put them out there anyway and 'work hard'.

We cant get any meaningful possession anywhere dangerous, we cant probe our way through an opposition defence because we cant hold onto the ball up top, even when we do theres no intelligent or positive running or passing so we go backwards.

Play like these last 6 games and Scum will have our pants down.

A strong Defence only stays strong when the rest of the team are doing their bit but after a while the confidence drains and then it falls apart. Some of our defending tonight was awful but still not on par with our toothless/clueless 'forwards', at the minute i liken our Attack to firing a Spud Gun at Tank.

Poch 'the Messiah' and his 'philosophy' is soon turning into the 1 Trick Pony thats been worked out.

Utter Sh;te, the wheels are coming off. No coherence, no idea, no balance you name it.

Shambles

burnt, Bazza47, Jonesy and 2 others like this.
  7. Ped Guest

painful ..!!
    Far too generous with sissoko..!!
    As for eriksen .. I'd rather play Carroll at least he can pass a ball forward.. something missing lately.. let's hope our chairman has a brainwave in January and finds a half decent striker with a bit of Prem experience.. ( & maybe Isco as a playmaker)

Bazza47, 71yid and Mattj78 like this.
  8. Mattj78

To have a brain wave, you first need a brain.

Jonesy and Felon82 like this.
  9. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Glad to get home from that tonight. Toothless.

They should be ashamed of themselves, they really should. The fans have been great, turning up in their numbers and the team have let all of us down AGAIN. No alternative plan; we can't handle being pressed and there is no depth to our squad.

I'm not having Wembley as the excuse; that should motivate the lads - 85,000 getting behind u ffs.

Get battered Sunday, then the pressure will seriously ramp up i'm afraid.

Depressed is an understatement tonight...

COYS, turn the corner!!!

burnt, Bazza47 and Mattj78 like this.
  10. Mick

Mick Member

A truly awful performance, no Harry, Toby Moussa and Erik and no one to replace them. Kamikaze distribution from Hugo and dreadful from Son, Ericson and Sissoko . We have to move ball quicker and be prepared to hit longer balls from back when closed down . Dreading Sunday

11. MrReality Guest

If you squint your eyes you can almost see AVB in Poch's clothes and half a team of Jermaine Jenas's hesitating bewilderingly in the final third before passing the ball backwards, sideways etc.

Our counter attack is like a bunch of p*ssed up girls on a hen night wandering around in their stilettos looking for their mates, thinking about kebabs, seeing double, falling over & ending up abruptly face butting the pavement.

Poch's tactics have been found out & his attempts at meddling with a few adjustments, along with accommodating the new acquisitions has failed miserably.

If you watch the 5-2 drubbing of Chelsea by us its a real head scratcher as to why we have become so limp, predictable and woefully poor now.

Ultimately I would say its Poch's fault for the lions share of our problems & the guy needs to get his head around whats happening & fast as it is effecting the players & really getting on fans nerves.

Well hacked off & as some have mentioned above it really doesn't look like changing any time soon. so I expect the tough run of games we are facing in the next weeks will only make matters worse because if we keep this up we wont get sod all from them & end up dumped out of the CL shamefully.

Sh*t, sh*t & thrice sh*t.

COYS

burnt, Bazza47, Mattj78 and 1 other person like this.
  12. MP - DX Guest

It's getting from bad to worse - from headless chickens to headless and lame chickens. Awful and MP is to be blamed as much as players - all for money - there is no love for the badge. I could see it coming and gave an honest view - out of league Cup, out of CL. and way down to below 10 ranking - no CL next season. All talk - Lloris grossly overrated with no idea of distribution or positioning - walker and Davies didn't know what hit them - Sissoko , Alli . erikssen, Son, shameless waste of time ..wow - the lot too painful too mention and not to mention MP who couldn't MOP up the rubbish, his creation, from sidelines.. Sell players like Chadli, Mason , Bentaleb, Prichard.. ??? Go to the movies on Sunday - avoid horror show at Arsenal who are a classes above our jokers!!! Painful but cannot hide the truth.

burnt, Bazza47 and Mattj78 like this.
  13. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

I've woken up with a hangover - and it's not a drunken one, but an emotional one.

I feel drained, shattered, wearied, done in. I trek for hours, have a great day, enter that great arena and it is that, only for the ref to blow his whistle, only to feel the life being sucked from me by the team.

We saved the worst performance since MP became manager for arguably our most important game in his reign.

FFS that was total, total shite. Unbelievable.

Matt is on the money with his ratings. Apart from Dier's free kick we did NOTHING. We were lost.

Feckin Hopeless. Hold your heads in shame.

Can't justify a COYS, feel too bad.

burnt likes this.
  14. guesty Guest

I am in a box on Sunday................bottom of the garden....lid closed....no media

our players do not understand the formation! ...change the players or change the formation ffs!!

Oh well....not paying to watch that any more.

15. Cyprus_N17 Guest

Its not the first time we saw such a performance...This has been going on for the last month. Draw after draw with very poor performance. I dont care if we are unbeaten in the EPL. It doesnt mean anything. We want to win games. Period. This is not the team who beat Man City...180 degrees opposite direction. The reason is because they give us our own medicine....pressing the ball from the goal keeper pass and we cannot get out of this. No plan B i am afraid...
    I was never a fun of Sissoko and i will never be. We had players like him and we sold them...why we bought new ones i am not sure. A serious investment needs to be done during the January window...if we are still in the picture for the EPL, CHL and cup.

Bazza47 likes this.
  16. CDJ Guest

An awful display. No power, pace or passion. Too predictable and a complete lack of tempo. Individually and collectively poor. No plan B, same system no matter what the score or opposition are, the manager is just as predictable as his team. We overperformed last year, the others have now overtaken us, the top four teams have pace and score goals. They are exciting to watch. They have that maverick player that makes things happen in midfield. Whatever is wrong with Eriksen it was still a huge error to replace him with the defence minded Winks. What on Earth was Rose, our most exciting player going forward doing on the bench and worse still staying there! No Kane, no hope. A cunning plan from Poch? Seeing we have little chance of being in the top four drop down to the Europa league as our best bet qualifying for next years Champions league! Don't think so. Give me Redknapp's attacking philosophy any day of the week, his team scored 18 goals in the six group games. We currently have two. Tottenham had their chance to win the league last year and blew it. Be like the Tottenham of old accept that and try to win a cup or two. Instead we throw away all three cups last year and end up with nothing, nobody remembers who came second let alone third! Football is governed by money, being in the champions league ,with no hope of doing much, is better than winning the FA cup and league cup in the same season. How sad is that?
    Show them a dvd of the first 30 minutes against City and then last night. Then make it very clear which has to turn up on Sunday to avoid another embarrassment. It is hard to believe it was the same players and the same manager!

burnt and Bazza47 like this.
  17. Big fran Guest

Really was one of the poorest Spurs performances and an absolute horror show from walker. He looked drunk. Sissiko gave the ball away a whopping 31 times I read!! Dier looks very uncomfortable in centre half. Thought Jv alli and Davies all deserved a six. Really worry for Sunday with most of the spine injured or not match fit. I would have thrown Kane and Toby in last night the game was must win for me!

18. guesty Guest

Walker simply cannot be selected for Sunday.
    Dier shouldn't play either.

As for the 1stX1.....I would not care if I never saw Winks, Nkoudou, Sissoko or Wanyama again.
    People rave about Wanyama....and I have no idea why. ...he looks like a big Neanderthal who is just told... 'follow the ball...follow the man...kick one of them' ...he has no clue at all when he has the ball. with him and Winks it was just a 'who can pass it no-where effective the best'!! ...like playing fecking Carroll in there. waste of time. ...we need Dier and Dembele/Erikssen back in there. get them into some form quick.
    to be honest Sissoko may be better centrally because he is not a right sided player in a team that has no idea what a right of 3 player is meant to do!
    we need to get back to 442 with width and harry & Janssen up top

we are just playing 4231 to fit more of our better players in.

I posted last time that Walker and Rose could play wide midfielders! .....would that 11 have been any worse last night!?!? (if you forget about Walker's horror show and started again)

Personally I would scrap our CL and not play....Lloris, Walker, Aldi, Verts, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Erikssen, Alli or Kane in it again this season.

19. Cheshuntboy Guest

Pochettino's had an amazingly easy ride from most Spurs fans up to now, but I think his flaws are becoming all-too apparent; inflexibility, favouritism, poor use of subs, patchy transfers - even the unbelievable luck which he (and we) enjoyed in his first couple of seasons seems to have deserted him, and he doesn't seem to have either the experience or the ability to turn things round - last night he looked as baffled and bereft of ideas as Francis in 1997, Hoddle in 2003 or AVB in 2013, and while I don't expect he'll be following those three out of the WHL door any time soon, I doubt there'll be much 'Glory, Glory' for us while he's in charge.

20. guesty Guest

just reading that Arsenal have 5 injury doubts for Sunday

Thank feck for that....6 v 11 should make it an even game!

Dace, burnt, Bazza47 and 1 other person like this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button