If you can keep your head....

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, May 3, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

When watching the full game in real time, it is easy to get caught up in the adrenaline of the game and perhaps feel that Spurs were hard done to with all the bookings.
    Having now seen the highlights of last night's game at Stamford Bridge this morning , I have to say I'm actually appalled at the actions of the Spurs players last night.
    We have had a great season and of course emotions run high in these games, but there is no place for that sort of behaviour in football.
    Kyle Walker kicked out after a nothing challenge and had it been seen would have been rightly sent off
    Lamela deliberately stood on Fabregas' hand and should have been sent off.
    Mason was lucky not to be sent off after raising his hands and leaning his head in.
    Dembele committed assault. Costa is a thug but what Dembele did was inexcusable.
    Eric Dier stayed on the pitch somehow and his second challenge was reckless and mindless.

Spurs have been so good this year and hopefully they will still finish second as they deserve to do.
    But those players last night could make that job much harder if any retrospective action is taken.

Keep playing the superb football Spurs but please let's not see such appalling behaviour again.

You are better than that and other teams seeing that will try and wind you up at every game now.

In the words of Rudyard Kipling; if you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs.

Spurs lost their heads last night. Learn from it!!

STEVENFROMITALY likes this.
  2. HGJASGK Guest

Watched the highlights?? Tottenham Fan?? I don't think so. Proud of everything our boys did last night. I take the good with the bad. We weren't good enough to win the PL but when you come so close and it exceeds any expectations anyone had and you have no experience in situations like this, if you make mistakes then proper Spurs supporters understand and don't make sanctimonious comments like you. You are not a supporter, I don't know what you are but I know what I'd call you.....

3. Bob Hope Guest

Left with a sour taste in my mouth after last night, especially Dembele's eye gauge on Costa. What on earth provoked him to do that!

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. Bob Hope Guest

*eye gouge not gauge. An eye gauge suggests Dembele was measuring him for glasses...

5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Proud of acts of thuggery and throwing a 2 goal lead?
    You sir are a ladies part!

bruski, Nomadico and Mattj78 like this.
  6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

It became a very sour and ugly affair in the end.
    We lost the plot big time.
    It was realisation we had blew a golden opportunity in the last few weeks and a taunting Chelsea just lit the fuse.
    Think the sooner we can forget the whole match the better.

Nomadico and Mattj78 like this.
  7. paul carroll Guest

watched highlights!!!! plastic supporter like the Chelsea plastic cockneys
    Proud of Spurs last night, stuck together and proved they love the shirt
    ok we gave away a two goal lead but great season, things will only get better
    Fans there brilliant as always.
    We will be there again next season.

Mattj78 likes this.
  8. tom murray Guest

well said Paul, what's wrong with a 1970's type derby !!!!! how many recent Spurs sides just rolled over in big games, this set of players proved they are up for a fight, all the pundits going on about LCFC Team spirit but I think our boys proved we have it also.
    Nothing against LCFC, well done, just want to shut up WHU /SCUM and Chelsea.

Mattj78 likes this.
  9. guesty Guest

nothing wrong with a 70's derby.....in the 70's!
    I see the Arsenal supporters are already pointing back to their famous 'fight' with ManU....when they were docked 2 points. They are calling for the same (or more) here!
    if we were to get docked points and finish below Arsenal........

Mattj78 likes this.
  10. Mattj78

I watched the full match last night and then, as I always do, watch the highlights the next day when I can take my blinkers off and look at the reality of what happened. Yes, we were fighting, quite literally, but whichever team it is, I do not like to see us stoop to such levels.
    I've been supporting Spurs for over 30 years and its find being hard like Mackay, Roberts etc but last night we went too far.

bruski likes this.
  11. GloryGlory Guest

It’s not a case of being plastic or loving Tottenham any less. The fact that we lost our heads mean we lost the chance to continue the challenge for the title. At 2-0 up we should have been channelling our aggression into keeping the game under control. Instead we just gave away momentum and the bastards took full advantage. They wound us up, we responded in the worst way possible. It’s what they do and we should have seen it coming. Bollocks to fighting the good fight, we should have taken three points from that game.

12. Mattj78

It's good to be up for the fight without turning it into a fight!

13. Mattj78

I watched the full game. I watched the highlights this morning.
    Yes it has been a great season but Spurs players went too far last night.

14. Mattj78

I watched the full game. I always watch the highlights again the next day with a clear head.
    The actions of some of the Spurs players was shocking. I'm all for getting stuck in and fighting but there is a line and if we carry on like that we will lose players every week and also lose more than we win.
    This is a young team and they will learn that when the opposition try to wind you up, you have to keep your head. It's called being professional.
    As for you feeling the need to be personal, that is not the attitude of a Spurs fan but something I'd expect from a Chelsea fan.
    Spurs are about class.

bruski likes this.
  15. Mattj78

Yawn. I ve changed my opening statement now just to clarify that I watched the full game last night!!
    Yawn.

16. STEVENFROMITALY Member

[Quote = "Mattj78, posta: 10718, membro: 3"] Quando si guarda il gioco completo in tempo reale, è facile farsi prendere in l'adrenalina del gioco e forse la sensazione che gli Spurs erano difficili fatto per tutte le prenotazioni .
    Avendo visto i punti salienti della partita di ieri sera a Stamford Bridge questa mattina, devo dire che sono davvero basita le azioni dei giocatori Spurs la scorsa notte.
    Abbiamo avuto una grande stagione e di emozioni ovviamente sono forti in questi giochi, ma non c'è posto per questo tipo di comportamento nel mondo del calcio.
    Kyle Walker cacciato dopo una brutta nulla e se fosse stato visto sarebbe stato giustamente espulso
    Lamela deliberatamente si trovava a portata di mano Fabregas 'e avrebbe dovuto essere espulso.
    Mason non è stato fortunato ad essere espulso dopo aver alzato le mani e appoggiando la testa in.
    Dembele impegnata assalto. Costa è un delinquente, ma quello che ha fatto è stato Dembele imperdonabile.
    Eric Dier rimasto in campo in qualche modo e la sua seconda sfida era imprudente e irragionevole.

Spurs sono stati così bene quest'anno e speriamo che sarà ancora finire secondo come meritano di fare.
    Ma quei giocatori ieri sera potrebbe fare quel lavoro molto più difficile se di intraprendere qualsiasi azione retroattiva.

Continuare a giocare gli Spurs superba calcio ma per favore cerchiamo di non vedere di nuovo tale comportamento spaventoso.

Sei migliore di quella e di altre squadre visto che cercheranno di vento fino a ogni gioco ora.

Nelle parole di Rudyard Kipling; se è possibile mantenere il controllo quando tutti intorno a te lo perdono.

Spurs hanno perso la testa la notte scorsa. Imparare da esso !! [/ QUOTE]

Mattj78 likes this.
  17. STEVENFROMITALY Member

it is not acceptable but we simply fallen in the trap of our opponents ; At cool head Poch and the Lads must analize what appen and keep treasure for the future. Now our focus must be the next match angainst the Saints: we must win for secure the second post: End this season like "runners up" above the scums must be vital!!!! as ever COYS.

18. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

It's difficult to know where to start, having watched, elated then deflated last night, so where do you start.

The Plusses:
    - the season as a whole, excluding the 2nd 45 last night
    - the youth, the energy, the sheer delight at having the best Spurs team of the last 10/20/30/40/50 years
    - Kane, Alli, Dier, Toby, Moussa - immense
    - the defence
    - being the best team over the season, points apart

The Minusses:
    - losing it totally as the 2nd half unraveled.
    - failing to beat Leicester at The Lane. It defined everything for me. Just left us too much to do.
    - drawing too many games. I tried to not keep writing about it, but we SO made it hard for ourselves

The Unforgiveable:

Acting like the thugs of Chelski last night. We were disgraceful. Sure we were provoked, sure it was hurting to see their season fall apart, unraveling in front of them, but we are the ONLY Hotspur. I doubt we've heard the last of this.

I'm more than a little saddened, in truth. I love you to bits, but you went too far. An apology sooner rather than later from the Club and MP wouldn't go amiss.

As ever, COYS

Mattj78 likes this.
  19. burnt Guest

" One should never argue with idiots , they will end up dragging you down to their level and then do you with experience "

It was ugly , but hopefully like a lot of things this season it will be a lesson learned in the long run .... To make it worse we were feckin 2 - 0 up ....... Say no more , Say no more ....... C.O.Y.S ......

Mattj78 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button