I hate the transfer window already!!

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, July 3, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

With Wanayama already signed up, we have one very good signing. but already I hate the transfer window again.
    Not a day has gone by yet where we haven't been linked with a striker or midfielder. In fact, I think at last count we had been linked with over 20 players. And not one of them, Wanyama aside has turned out to be anything other than utter bull ****!

But the media made up stories are not the only reason I hate the transfer window. It's the fact that we are always so slow to sign players and I am fed up with waiting for us to sign another striker.
    A striker that can play instead of, but more importantly can play alongside Harry Kane.
    In the Euro's , Kane looked knackered. many asked why he was taking free kicks and corners. That wasn't my question. My question was, why the hell cant he kick a football properly?! His free kicks were bloody awful. They flew high, wide and whether he should have been taking them or not, why on Earth in less than a month had he forgotten how to kick a football?!
    Because he was, is absolutely shattered. Knackered. Dead on his feet.
    He now gets a decent rest but it makes the signing if a new striker even more imperative.

We cannot keep relying on him to play every game. No matter how good he is. Every player has his breaking point. And Kane has hit his.

I'm not are who the person is to sign but how about Robson - Kanu? He's bloody free and there is zero risk attached. He can score, is strong, so why not. We could sign him for nothing and then get another quality striker without breaking the bank. ( Levy won't be breaking the bank, that's for sure.)

I'm sure that we I'll linked with another 20 players before the end of the transfer window, but there can be no excuse for not adding quality this time. We've just had a great season, the last few games aside, and we have the opportunity to build on that.

But if we fail to act and be decisive, we will end with a squad not much different to last seasons. As good as that was, there was no strength in depth and we need that to challenge at the top and to make a good showing in Europe.

Can we get our Business done asap please and then get on with the season.

The idea of another night watching the talentless Jim White just to see if we can sign someone is too much to bare!!!!!

Get in with and as ever Come on You Spurs!!!

Nomadico likes this.
  2. We absolutely need two more strikers. Even with Kane fit there were times when we might perhaps have wanted to go two up front. If we sign one striker and either he or Kane gets injured we are again limited to playing one upfront, or pushing someone up who is not an out and out goalscorer. We're in the Champions League, we hope to be in the top four or better again, we need to be able to rest players and to change things around as games require.

Nomadico and Mattj78 like this.
  3. Del Guest

Don't get me wrong I think the wanyama signing was a good bit of business but surely a striker should of been an absolute top priority signing, Liverpool,Utd, city, Chelsea have all spent big on attacking quality apart from us ??? Wtf is going on I thought we would have all our targets signed up now already for pre-season which had already begun ??? Another frustrating transfer window ahead I feel!!!

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. Tony Guest

Levy now looking at signing Mickey Mouse for 3lb of Cheddar apparently Disneyland want 4lb, that won't happen then. LOL :)

Mattj78 likes this.
  5. Ben Webber Guest

We certainly do need two strikers. Son and Chadli can't do a decent job. If Kane or new signing get a bad injury, we're back to one playing every game. No options if losing the game. The gamble last year was crazy. Did we have no target bar Moussa Dembele from Fulham? He would have been cheapish this window too and only 19. There is little value in the market, but our reluctance to spend and making 4 offers for Janssen is silly. We often start the season slow as business still not done. Last year, one win in first five. Season Chelsea won CL and 4th not enough, we had lost against both Manchester sides before Adebayor and Scott Parker arrived. It's gone on for years, even if the window should shut when the season starts.

Mattj78 likes this.
  6. S-P Guest

I don't hate the transfer window. I don't even really hate the hours who make ridiculous stories up. But I do hate that they get away with these ridiculous stories time after time - because too many Spurs fans (and of other clubs) let them off the hook by believing the ridiculous stories rather than ridiculing them. I also hate that way too many Spurs fans accept these stories at face value and start ragging on Levy!

For the record:
    I know we need at least one more striker.
    Levy didn't leave us with only one striker last season. Peace promised Berahino a move and set a price. The price was met and he refused to accept it but named a higher price. He did this twice. So, overall we met their price three times. Peace finally just said he didn't care if the price was met, he just wasn't selling him. Berahino handled the situation all wrong - but why the hell do folk think he was so damned P*s s*d!?! But why know the truth when you can rag on Levy? And Levy offered Pochettino alternatives, including I believe Dean Ashton. But Poch said he would rather make do than have a player on the wage bill that he would probably be trying to get rid of the next summer - let's not forget how difficult it was to get Adebayor off the wage bill?
    According to a well-known and plausible source, our interest in Batshuayi ended months ago due to likely price plus the crazy wage he was asking for (that would've ruined the carefully constructed wage policy) plus the fact that Batshuayi was making noises about guaranteed game time even though he knew that Harry Kane would be first choice! I just plain don't believe there had been a £38 million bid bid for Icardi! So, a player we righty, IMHO, lost interest in months ago, and another we probably never made a bid on.

7. You realise dean Ashton retired years ago? So how exactly was he offered?

8. Big fran Guest

Dean Ashton?

9. shamrockcoys New Member

should be exciting time but gets soooo frustrating , we need a striker ,that's a must,, but ,...I never want to hear the name berahino ever ever again.

Felon82 likes this.
  10. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Dean Ashton????

S-P you still banging on about Peace n Berahino aswell????

Put the pipe down ffs.

11. papillon Guest

Of course Kane's NOT knackered. What rubbish! Not physically knackered (how can he be physically knackered playing a couple of football games a week? He's a professional athlete for God's sake!). Mentally knackered? Now that's more like it! He couldn't stand the pressure. He bottled it, along with some other Spurs players at the end of the season and HE DEFINATELY BOTTLED WHEN PLAYING FOR ENGLAND. The pressure got to him. The pressure loaded onto the England team by the fans and media expectation. He just couldn't handle it. Some players thrive on pressure and some don't and, unfortunately, Kane is in the latter camp.Something we'll have to get used to.

12. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Reports today state that Schmeichel from Leicester has a release clause of 17m might be worth a punt as a upgrade to Vorm or if we lose Lloris to Madrid,may be it is just paper talk....COYS..

13. burnt Guest

Can't see him wanting to come here and sit on the bench , and I don't see us spunking 17 mill for a back up keeper ... Diff story of course if Hugo heads off to a sunnier climate but personally I'm not his biggest fan ....

14. Nomadico Well-Known Member

We need a keeper to put pressure on Hugo,Vorm is not good enough,some of the games last season Hugo was far from his best and if he leaves to Madrid we need a good replacement..COYS

15. burnt Guest

I know what your saying Nomad but I.m.o Vorm is as good as most back up keepers in the league , your not really going to get a real quality keeper to sit on the bench for 90% of the season and I can't see us spending 17mill or anything close to that for a back up keeper .... There's only a handful of real quality keepers around at the moment and the rest are much of a muchness I.m. o ..... Look at some of the jokers we seen at the Scum down the road or the Mancs before they got proper ones , look at City's or L.pools dodge pots at the moment ... Hugo's not one of the real top notchers I.m.o but he's not far off and I think we'd be a long time trying to find a better one ... I'm not as big a fan of him as some of our fans but I do recognize we'd have serious bother trying to find a better one and I'm really not sure about Casper either , think he fits into the much of a muchness category but maybe im wrong about that .... Hope he stays but if Real want him then I'd imagine it will be hard for him to turn it down ... Like all the rest of silly season time will tell .....

Nomadico likes this.
  16. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Your opinion is valid concerning the price for Schmeichel but he is the best around if Hugo jumps ship for Madrid,I am not a fan of either Hugo or Vorm but as you point out Hugo is at the moment the best of the bunch..If reports are true the we have at last bagged Janssen now we need a wide man and then we can start to strip out our baggage Mason,Chadli,plus a few other's who do not make the grade,for the first time Levy has done our business early, a shock to some, shows he is learning..As ever COYS...

17. Big fran Guest

Looks like we have our man folks! Full credit to Levy and co for this time getting key targets in early. This could be a benefit to around 12 points or so considered how slow we started last season with Son and Njie never really settling. Let's hope they both also benefit from a full preseason.
    The signings have not been ''marque" to be fair but we've been down that route previously and ended up a dead end. Both are solid players who still have potential to improve themselves and the first team squad.
    I'd love a a wide attacking player such as Schurle but cannot see it happening with njie son chadli lamela Pritchard (eriksen) on the roster unless one or more than likely two moved on.
    Likewise I believe linked players winjaldum sissoko witsel while all being credible and necessary additions will come in if mason was to leave and or Carroll/bentaleb...
    If no further business were to happen I wouldn't be too disappointed but if we could add a box to box and a winger I feel top two would be achieved.

18. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Do you still hate the window this summer Matt?

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button