Great questions...but where are the answers?

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, October 20, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Regular visitors to this site may recall that last year I wrote an article questioning the role of the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust, and we engaged in a conversation about what they did in regard to representing the supporters.
    Since then, I have joined the Trust but sadly was unable to attend the most recent meeting.

THIS link gives details of the meeting and makes for interesting reading.

Whilst it is clear that the THST work hard, I am still left wondering as to why the Spurs board seem unable to provide answers to questions.
    If you read the report from the meeting, the trust seem to have asked about the stadium, ticket prices and atmosphere but with very little coming back from the club itself.
    The issue of the stadium is one that is on everyone's mind at present, and I would have thought that the club should have been able to be fully transparent with the THST at this meeting.

The trust clearly pushed for transparency, but when will we start to see this?

Finally, one question I would be interested to hear an answer to, is where was our supposedly illustrious leader, Mr Levy? From the report, we do have a liaison officer, but isn't that just someone else for ENIC to hide behind?
    Maybe Mr levy had good reason not to attend, but it is my opinion that he needs to communicate much more with the fans of this club and should attend THST meetings and answer questions.

Please read the report and see what you think. My view is that the meeting sounds very one sided. THST asked the questions, Tottenham Hotspur football club offered very little in the way of answers.

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Were in a 13yr transitional period.
    Weve gone from mid table to 6th and currently reside in 9th, all is rosey Enic are doing a great job. Were financially stable, self sustaining, 'clever' in the market, there really are no questions that need answering.
    Patience Matt.

Mattj78 likes this.
  3. Mattj78

Lol. Sadly you are right and joking aside, there are lots of questions that do need answering, but will probably never be answered because the fans are second rate citizens in the eyes of ENIC.

4. Siggy22 Guest

"Ask not your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club...."

Silence is golden for ENIC, do they think that their decisions are unquestionable

5. Mattj78

They do think they don't have to answer questions. Levy seems unable to face fans face to face. We fans are simply second to all the board do and they hold fans in contempt.

6. butler Guest

We are just **** plain and simple. No Hart no guts no desire from the team when was the last time you see a spurs player kiss the badge or show any kind of passion , sadly all those players have slowly been sold off by a business man not a football man wrong man picked to manage the team again look at koman at Southampton and the players bought in and sold that's a example to follow . Sadly I think this may be the tip of things to come

Deggsy56 likes this.
  7. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Id ask Levy why he continually ducks buying a Proper Striker when it is obvious the 2 senior Strikers on the books are not good enough?
    How does he genuinely think we can progress by selling our best players?
    How can the team be expected to keep up with those around with zero extra investment being put into it?
    Whether 1 league cup during his reign is a good return?
    Isnt running the club to be financially stable the bare minimum a chairman should do?
    Finally adding up the failure to sign players of the right calibre needed in crucial areas persistently, selling our best players, zero investment, numerous managers, 1 lg cup, disastrous mis spend of the Bale money, failure to deliver the new stadium, in current times overseeing some of our biggest defeats since the 90s - why he is the one to take us 'forward'?

Deggsy56 and Mattj78 like this.
  8. Mattj78

Because most Spurs fans seem to enjoy mediocrity.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button