Get rid of Chiriches and sign the perfect striker in return

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by GarethMcKnight, January 27, 2015.

Share This Page

1. GarethMcKnight

GarethMcKnight Member

Mattia Destro’s future at Roma is said to be unclear, with the Italy international forward out of favour at the Stadio Olimpico and eager to play more regularly.

The former Siena man has been heavily linked with a switch to AC Milan, with reports in the Italian press even stating that the striker was set for a medical at the San Siro this week.

However, both Arsenal and Tottenham are said to have an interest in Destro also, with reports in Italy yesterday stating that Spurs were ready to move to stop a potential switch to Milan.

On first sight Destro fits the bill for Mauricio Pochettino’s men; quick, direct and with an eye for goal.

The Roma man played an important role in the capital city side finishing second in Serie A last season but has been behind club legend Francesco Totti in Rudi Garcia’s preferences this term.

Reports in both England and Italy suggest that a fee in the region of £15 million would be needed to prize Destro away from the Romans - which in my opinion would be money well spent.

An out-and-out number nine, Destro is unlucky not to feature for Roma due to Totti’s resurgence and would provide real quality in competition to Harry Kane.

With the England under-21 star able to operate in the number ten role also, a partnership between these two young stars or competition between them would surely beat the current over-reliance on Kane to get goals for the side.

Chiriches

Sky Sport Italia are also claiming that Roma have an interest in Vlad Chiriches, with potential for a swap deal of some description.

The Romania international has struggled to hold down a regular first-team berth at White Hart Lane since signing last summer, with his attitude and demeanor on the pitch at times questionable at best.

With Federico Fazio and Jan Vertonghen striking up a centre-half understanding and Eric Dier performing well in recent times when called upon, Chiriches is unlikely to see much action in his favoured position.

Although he has operated at right-back on occasion, Andre De Yedlin’s signature and Kyle Walker’s return to fitness means that Spurs are covered in that area also.

I have never been a fan of Chiriches and feel that he is more of a risk than a virtue in the Spurs side and as such getting rid of the Romanian is in itself a plus in my eyes.

If the chances of working on a deal for Destro are improved by offering the former Steaua Bucharest man as part exchange, it seems like a win-win situation for the club.

2. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Evidently we are not signing anyone because our current squad is good enough.

3. Siggy22 Guest

Whats is our squad good enough for?

At the start of the season we all accepted that CL qualification may have been out of reach - this season was all about rebuilding blah blah blah.

It's typical of us fans to become greedy as soon as the window opens - like a kid in a sweet shop.

BUY HIM, NO BUY HIM, SELL HIM THEN BUY HIM. IF WE BUY HIM WE'LL GET CL, IF WE BUY WE'LL WIN THE WORLD CUP etc. etc. etc.

All a bunch of if's and maybe's.

No point buying anyone this window unless they will improve us!

Echoing comments from fans of a similar view - I'd rather wait until the summer and get the real deal, than waste more money on players who will only be deadwood in 18 months time.

Every January we are possessed with buying 'the next big thing', time for us to let Pochettino carry on the steady job he's doing and push for improvement from current players.

The Cockerel likes this.
  4. Zajber Guest

Although, Chiriches + some cash for Destro would be a solid deal and totally up Levy's alley, at that.

5. BrooklynRovaZzz New Member

Levy, sell Vlad and cut your losses.

Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  6. Vincent Guest

sell Lennon to hull city for 7million.and buy James Milner from manchester city for 7million. sell soldado and paulinho for 10million to inter Milan and ask them to give marco icardi for 20million. because we are giving 2 players plus cash for marco icardi. sell chiriches to roma and buy destro for some money.sell dembele for 25million for any club and buy andree schrulle from chelsea for 25million million. sell Adeabyor to any quatiri clubs for 20 million. ask quatiri clubs that we are going to sell Adeabyor for 20 are you interested in buying him. and with that money buy Héctor Moreno for his prices . to improve defence buy equzzeil Munoz for 4million.sell kaboul to ac Milan for 4million.

and the team formation should be like this

gk -lloris, vorm

defenders- equzzeil Munoz, davies, Héctor Moreno, rose, fazio,vertonghen, yedlin, Eric dier, Kyle walker.

midfielders -- Eriksen, lamela, chadli, Townsend, james Milner, andree schrulle, capoue,mason.

forwards -- Mauro Icardi, harry kane, destro.

tottenham Hotspur will get top four finish this season.
    please try to buy these players in the January transfer window.
    please tottenham Hotspur please. if we try to make this team we gonna defeat manchester city, manchester united, arsenal.
    tottenham Hotspur rockzzzzz.

7. We've got about as much chance of getting top 4 under the Levy/Lewis combo as of hell freezing over. Too tight and not interested in glory, just making a profit. Once a cheapskate market trader always one.

Felon82 and Mattj78 like this.
  8. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

James Milner? You have got to be joking.

When buying players,met is prudent to buy people who will add to the team. Who honestly thought that signing seven players, none of whom were replacements for bale, was good business? It was desperate actions from a desperate chairman.

Felon82 likes this.
  9. The Cockerel

The Cockerel Member

Yedlin is nowhere near ready to be trusted with the right back role. He may be explosive going forward, but he has a lot to learn about defending, especially at Premier League level. If he plays in the first team this season, it will most probably be as an attacking right-sided midfielder. All that means we're stuck with Chiriches for the rest of this season as a replacement right back.
    As for Destro, there's been any number of players who have come into the Premier League from Serie A in the last two or three seasons, and I'm struggling to name any who've been a hit. And they tend to be expensive as well. We have our own Lamela as our live example, even though I still believe he will come good given time. Still it's only a football hunch and he's certainly not come anywhere near justifying our outlay on him yet. My point is, I would be very careful about falling for yet another so-called Serie A star. What we need is a bit of patience and faith in Pochettino, no matter how hard it feels at the moment.

10. spurs1978 Guest

what about lewis holby i think his a great player plus his still young

11. S-P Guest

Only, well...er...already got top four TWICE under them! LoL

Also, anyone with even a passing understanding of the situation knows that the money they are 'in it to make a profit from' has nothing to do with regularly taking pots of money out of the club. It has everything to do with increasing the value of the club in every way possible in order to sell for a profit. Simple, really. And lo, the club finishes higher in the league, has better players, has a better youth set-up, has better youth players, has a better training facility, generates greater income and should really have had a new ground but for unforeseen (and unreasonable) delaying. Where do you suppose the £43 million for the training facilities (the best in Europe, if not the World) came from? And wasn't that ambitious? Look at how many youth players are breaking into the first team squad or generating good revenues...has that happened by magic or is it part of a process that began with the hiring of Frank Arnesen? I'll give you a clue: it's not the former but it is the latter.

LoL

The Cockerel and Huey23 like this.
  12. Huey23 New Member

No need to buy Destro,I say let's get him on loan with an option to buy next summer and sell Chiriches.......and if we can,let's get Lacazette

13. MainDane Guest

It's funny how many of you put it solely down to Levy if we are unable/sell a player - how fickle.

Not that I'm an expert, but the transfers of this club isn't run with Levy as the dictator (especially now with Mitchell involved) - contrary to popular to belief, or what most idiots tell themselves over & over again so they can go to sleep at night.

Anyone actually considered Poch doesn't want many players to go in Jan e.g. Chiriches?

As many have said, Yedlin probably isn't ready for the first team while Dier isn't utterly convincing at right-back.

That leaves Vlad as our second choice in that position!

I appreciate all these comment of e.g. sell Paulinho + Soldado for 15m etc. etc. then buy Benteke for 16m etc. etc.

But if transfer deals were that easy, then we'd all be chairman of PL football club, don't you think ;-)

The Cockerel likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button