Eriksen holding out for better deal as we prepare to swap strikers

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, December 16, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Josh Bolton

Josh Bolton Active Member

Twitter:
    JMRBolton3
    December always gives way to transfer news and rumours and for a Spurs fan, this time of the year is never dull.

After the arrival of our new Head of Recruitment Paul Mitchell in late November, work in the transfer market is expected to begin right away – so cue the January transfer window.

Dane on the plane?

Denmark BT are reporting that Christian Eriksen will be the subject of numerous transfer bids this window from ‘football’s elite’. The story seems to have gathered pace from football agent Ernesto Bronzetto, who has been given credibility by Denmark BT as the agent involved in Fernando Torres’s switch to AC Milan this summer.

BT believe that clubs will have to fork out at least £32m to prize the Dane away from Spurs, although they are in general agreement that any bidding war would not begin until the summer window.

The clubs listed as being interested in our number 23 are said to be PSG, AC Milan, Dortmund and Liverpool (hardly football’s elite).

Dane waiting for a better deal?

Website Sport Witness have also investigated this news that has been broken by BT Denmark. However, they add that the speculation surrounding Eriksen and a move away, comes from Eriksen simply weighing up his options of what the future holds next.

Speculation of an Eriksen move is being fuelled in Denmark by the fact that the player is only being paid around £36,500 a week at Spurs – a wage lower than fellow Danish footballers Kasper Schmeichel, Nicklas Bendtner and Anders Lindegaard.

BT’s Danish newpaper report that Spurs have offered Eriksen a new contract worth £60,000 a week in November, although the player is in no rush to sign. In fact, his agent Martin Schoots has deferred negotiations until the end of the season.

The general consensus is both the player and his agent are putting off any agreement as they realise that Eriksen’s value to either Tottenham, or another club, may be of higher value come summer.

Ade back but could go again

Emmanuel Adebayor has returned to Spurs after his period of authorised absence, but the Daily Mirror believe that he could be back out again– this time, forced, by Mauricio Pochettino.

As Adebayor is on around £100,000 a week, it is unlikely any club will take him permanently, prompting the belief that Spurs will let him go out on loan.

In addition to Adebayor, The Mirror also reports that Mousa Dembele could be on his way out of White Hart Lane too. Aston Villa and Stoke are said to be interested, with the Mirror even going as far as saying that Spurs would be willing to swap the Belgian for Villa’s want-away midfielder Fabian Delph.

One in one out

The Standard also give credibility to the news that Adebayor could be on his way out of the door, with his former club AS Monaco supposedly interested. If Adebayor is to move to the French side, they believe this could free up funds to wager a move for CSKA Moscow striker Seydou Doumbia.

Doumbia retired from international football for the Ivory Coast in the summer, so will be free to play club football throughout the new year. The Standard say that Doumbia’s current salary is around £54,000 a week, which is well within Spurs’ price range, however his buy-out clause is close to £25million, a price we would wish to see lowered.

The 26-year-old has an impressive goalscoring record since moving to Russia in 2010 and CSKA are willing to consider offers as they are no longer involved in European competition.

2. ML. New Member

Hard to match PSG 45million £ and 180000 £ weekly wages to Eriksen

3. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Levy selling our best players? Never.

Felon82 likes this.
  4. Tell psg they can have lennon for a tenner and a fiver aweek wages.

5. jessy Guest

It seems that any of our players who perform to any decent standard at all are going to be linked to the big boys with financial clout. It's the nature of the game. Eriksen is far from the finished article though he is one of our better players. Can't see him being sold in the near future though the club will see him as a valuable asset whose price will continue to rise the more he performs well for Spurs. It's probably when Enic consider him to be at his "optimum value" that he will be sold. If i was to bet on who will leave this summer, i'd have a few bob on Hugo Lloris- our best player by a mile and maybe Vertonghen- a decent player whenever he wants to perform. There are obviously players i couldn't care less about if they moved on- Ade, Kaboul etc but selling our better players will not progress us any further than a top 8 club at best!

6. big fran Guest

I'd sell him for 32m tomorrow without a shadow of doubt. Good player but not likely to be a great

7. Big Mal Guest

I used to make these stories up as well, but always thought mine had more credibility. Now they are just embarrassing, fueled by the fact that football fans actually read them and believe them. The thing I like about the Eriksen story is the random price tag of £32m and the fact that they have chucked Liverpool's name in to get a bot of interest. On another point when Real Madrid come in for a Tottenham player what would 'fans' like Levy to do? Real tap up the player; tell him to cause problems for the club. They tell the player he will get £250m per week plus image rights. Some Tottenham fans actually believe that Levy can somehow keep them at the club. Tottenham paid £6m for Bale and just under £14m for Modric. The many many add ons that Levy insisted on (extra money for winning the CL was a good one!) mean Tottenham will get around £120m for them - a profit of over £100m. This money was then given to the manager/director of football to re-invest in the squad. However, the fact that they are not delivering also appears to be Levy's fault. I have spoken to my contacts to get a billionaire to take over a club with a tiny stadium who need £400m for a new ground and around £150m for new players (like Man Utd) to compete at the top of the league and also asked them to double the pay structure. I pointed out that this would mean losing £100m per year like Chelsea and Man City. My phone has gone very quiet, but I'll keep you all updated.

The Cockerel likes this.
  8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well once Lloris and Eriksen have gone that's it Enic will have succeeded in their quest for total mediocrity. Ming, Baldini (the Louis Walsh of talent spotting) , Mitchell (bargain hunter) and Poch the Passionless can buy another unbalanced mish mash load of nobodies.

9. Jakob Guest

Buy fellow Danish striker pione sisto from fc midtJylland. Next zlatan of Scandinavia.

10. The Cockerel

The Cockerel Member

Really? I would have thought your phone would be ringing off the hook with such an attractive package!:);):(

11. HotchPoch Guest

This just smells of B$. Yes he may be holding off signing a new deal but when the new deal (60k pw) is even less than our illustrious second string players Adeybayor & Paulinho and you're one of the teams star performers then sure he won't be rushing to sign up to that. I'm sure a few other players have the same issue causing friction between certain players. The PSG etc stuff is just lazy lazy journalism.

12. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Problem is for every Eriksen we have a Naughton Kaboul Rose etc so money to 1 side why would our top players want to stay?
    If you are of a good standard theres nothing more soul destroying than putting in the graft to make things happen then looking around the pitch to full backs totally void of any positional sense and half hearted jogging back and a Captain your Centre Half ducking headers in his own area.
    I know from my playing days while getting stuck in you look to see your team mate standing with his hands in his sleaves coz its cold is infuriating!

13. Crown Jules Guest

PSG can't pay 45 quid let alone 45 mil they have to sell before they can buy due to fair play ruling, AC Milan are skint thats why they had to loan players like Torres, Liverpool have blown their budget in the summer spending 100 mil, this leaves BD which is a possibility but they tend to buy cheap develop then sell high

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button