Davies fee agreed

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by George S, July 16, 2014.

Share This Page

1. George S

George S New Member

A few weeks ago we certainly felt, and various other media sources, that Tottenham Hotspur were on the verge of completing their first signing of the season in Swansea left-back Ben Davies.

The Welsh international had been heavily linked with a move to White Hart Lane and Spurs chairman Daniel Levy reportedly tried to make a cheeky swap bid.

That failed and the Swans said they wouldn’t accept anything under £12 million, however it has now been revealed by the Daily Telegraph that we have agreed a fee with the Welsh club.

Fee agreed for Davies

A £10 million figure has been struck but we are now facing serious competition from Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers for the defender.

Telegraph believe it is a straight battle between Tottenham and Liverpool for the player and it is believed that Davies would welcome speaking to the Reds boss should they agree a fee with Swansea.

Talks will shortly be underway between Davies and Spurs, though, as the defender has already pulled out of Garry Monk’s squad for Swansea’s friendly against Chivas Guadalajara tonight.

Liverpool or Spurs?

The preference of the 21-year-old isn’t known but as previous stated, he would like to speak to both clubs and it means Liverpool need to move fast if they are to prevent him moving to White Hart Lane.

For Spurs, meanwhile, if they can get talks underway sharply then they’ll hope Mauricio Pochettino can convince Davies to join the club and continue flourishing under his tuition.

Danny Rose failed to show enough last season that he can be considered the clubs first choice left-back and while Davies may still be young, it gives him plenty of years to improve.

Flourish under the Poch…

The improvement of Luke Shaw under Pochettino was clear to see and if the Swansea defender move to north London, the hope will be that a similar progression in his development will occur.

For the time being though, fans wait to see if Liverpool try to hijack the move and anxiously anticipate when Spurs will have a first signing of the 2014/15 campaign announced.

2. azas Guest

Well i cant see us losing him to liverpool really.......not with poch's youth development record. He will be first team aswell and i dont think liverpool need him as much as we do which will probably be reflective in any contract offers.

3. BigStew Guest

Let's hope this deal can be done & asap!
    He is young & obviously there's room for improvement/development, etc but he already has quality in defence & attack!
    Mr. Levy, PLEASE get it sorted....NOW!
    COYS!!

Dexter likes this.
  4. Amaan Guest

I wish he can come to Spurs. And Hope you prefers Spurs over Liverpool... He may not even get enough first team chances with Liverpool.

and we so very badly need a leftback right now.

It was one area where we struggled so badly last season....

5. g spur Guest

dont think the Davis deal is all that important as there is other options, why not go for Chambets from saints or Enrique from
    liverpool

6. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Spurs have put another bid in but no deal has been agreed at all. Davies is preferring a move to Liverpool anyway

7. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Id like to see this one happen. This position has been a major problem for some time and extremely frustrating for the fans. The kid looks a decent, natural LB with great potential, maybe not as much pace going forward as Rose but I've always preferred FBs with more defensive attributes and awareness than those that just bomb forward and more often than not just waste it anyway. He will definitely get more first team action at Spurs so hopefully this gives us the edge.

8. Lee New Member

I hope the lure of London living and potentially more starts at spurs will outweigh CL experience and tutelage under Rodgers st Liverpool. For me he's as good as Shaw and with similar potential. A definite upgrade on rose and assou

9. Ramos43

Ramos43 Active Member

Well, Ben Davies WASN'T pulled out of a Swansea friendly, last night. Playing in the second half, interestingly though, at CB. Perhaps this was a ploy on behalf of Swansea to protect the player ahead of a potential transfer WITHOUT giving too much away, with the club still able to claim ' he wasn't left out and is with the squad', who knows?

If Swansea were enjoying a fairly comfortable nights work in there friendly against Chivas, playing at CB would have been little more than a stroll in the park, right!

But, hey, since I'm talking conspiracy theories this morning, has anyone else noticed that images of Sandro have become as rare a sight on the Tottenham Hotspur Official website, as Chirpy the Cockerel!

In fact, ever since those exciting first couple of days which signalled the beginning of pre-season training under MP, Sandro has all but disappeared, it seems, with talk of the Brazilians desire to leave Spurs still lingering ominously in the background.

Now, even though there has been ABSOLUTELY no trace of the popular Brazilian in recent days , despite the raft of training pics the club has been putting out recently, Sandro did appear in a Spurs training kit in a photo uploaded by Lamela to his instagram account yesterday, indicating that Sandro is NOT injured.

The plot thickens further when judging by footage released by the club, of the Spurs squad arriving in the US for a pre-season tour, Sandro does NOT appear to have made the trip.

I've spent the last couple of days (don't judge me) going through all/most (<_<) of the recent pics uploaded by the club with a fine-toothed comb, and Sandro isn't in ANY of them. Which is strange given the Brazilians status within the squad as a bit of a joker, as well as the players tendency to want to perform at any given opportunity for the cameras.

Besides, lets be honest, how hard is it to spot a Beast sporting a Spurs kit, for Pete's sake!?

We'v heard/read over the last week a lot about Spurs being in 'advanced talk with Southampton over the transfer of Morgan Schneiderlin'. Could the disappearance of Sandro have anything to with that potential move?

If truth be told, I'm hoping that Spurs are keeping the Brazilian locked in a cage somewhere ,along, with the rest of the luggage (as Beast aren't allowed on planes/coaches) ,but the more time that passes WITHOUT word or sighting of the holding midfielder, the more I begin to question whether we have actually seen the last of the Brazilan in a Spurs kit.

10. Ramos43

Ramos43 Active Member

No sooner than I have written that, the club have released a statement claiming that Vlad and Sandro have been withdrawn from the squad due to injury. I am buying that? Well, all I'm going to say is that the jury is STILL very much out!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button