Daniel Levy truths exposed

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, December 17, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Josh Bolton

Josh Bolton Active Member

Twitter:
    JMRBolton3
    It’s been exactly a year and a day since Andre Villas-Boas was sacked as Spurs boss – who knew?

Although this bit of knowledge may seem pointless or tedious it has in fact come to possess a lot of resonance on this very day - Wednesday, December 17, 2014.

This is because, today is potentially the end of AVB’s one year confidentially agreement with Tottenham Hotspur Football Club since his sacking, and in a recent interview with Portuguese TV channel TVI, the former boss has revealed all!

AVB gagging order over?

The 37-year-old told the channel: "Tottenham set a points and victories record in my first season, and missed out on the Champions League by one point and had a great run in the Europa League.

In the second season, at the time I left we had more points than in the previous season. I ended up leaving by mutual agreement - it wasn't a sacking - because I gave full support to the football director Franco Baldini who meanwhile had other ambitions, meaning that I ended up with players that did not fit the profile I wanted.

On Daniel Levy, AVB added: "The chairman proposed a challenge to increase Tottenham's competitive level, but immediately Modric left and we didn't get any of the targets I had identified, such as João Moutinho, Willian, Óscar or Leandro Damião.

These were promises that were not kept. I had a group of players I had not chosen. In two years I lost Van der Vaart, Modric, Bale, and all the promises made were unfulfilled.

In any event I don't look at my time at Tottenham as a negative experience. It was an experience I needed to have."

Villas-Boas also revealed that Franco Baldini will be leaving Spurs in the near future, saying: "I speak of Franco Baldini, who came from AS Roma and is now in a down position, exiting the club."

Double blow for Levy

The news of our former boss’s interview is bound to hit Levy hard, as it confirms fan-thought that our Chairman is guilty of false promises and meddling in transfer activity.

Is it any surprise then, that another rumour has surfaced surrounding a Tottenham takeover? Levy and ENIC had denied, earlier this autumn, that American Cain Hoy had began formalities into acquiring ownership, only for it later to be proved true.

This time, it is The Sun who are reporting that the Qatari Government are lining up a £1billion takeover at WHL, similar to one that has already taken place at French giants PSG.

Money talks

Speaking to The Sun, Qatari sports minister Salah bin Ghanem bin Nasser al-Ali said: “Of course Qatar wants to own a Premier League club. One hundred per cent.

Here in Qatar we are very, very good in taking something and really transforming it into something very, very good. Even if it’s good we take it to another step.”

The Sun’s story may sound groundbreaking, but it is merely relaying what Associated Press Journalist, Rob Harris, had reported when he also spoke to al-Ali.

When asked by Harris, if he’d like to own a Premier League club, al-Ali said: “Yes, of course. Personally speaking I like the English Premier League. Since I was young I have jerseys.

I’m not going to tell you which clubs. I said it once and the guy was upset with me because he was an Arsenal … I like all jerseys of Tottenham and I had 2 of them.”

2. Big Mal Guest

'The news of our former boss’s interview is bound to hit Levy hard.' It will not bother him in the slightest. Clearly, you do not understand Levy one bit.

3. jessy Guest

Are we really concerned with AVB's comments? He is merely trying to pass the buck for the **** football we had to endure under his stewardship post Bale. It's in the past. Move on!

4. Spokesperson Guest

#THFC have accused Andre Villas-Boas of rewriting history after their former manager claimed the club reneged on promises.

— Simon Peach (@SimonPeach) December 17, 2014

“Not only has he (Villas-Boas) attempted to rewrite history, he has clearly forgotten the facts,” a #THFC spokesperson told me. — Simon Peach (@SimonPeach) December 17, 2014

AVB’s claim that Modric’s move to Madrid came as a shock is understood to have irked#THFC, as has the way he portrayed Van der Vaart exit.

— Simon Peach (@SimonPeach) December 17, 2014

#AVB is believed to have been key in van der Vaart’s departure, while #THFC deemed many of his targets as unrealistic. — Simon Peach (@SimonPeach) December 17, 2014

5. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

We were lucky to keep Luka for that last season, we all knew he was leaving, same as Bale he spent a year carrying AVB and his negative tactics. That our best players want to leave is no suprise nor is it a suprise that the chairman holds rule over all transfers and Franco is his man. This is why Poch was hired and this is why Poch will most likely fail. In any case AVB was the wrong man for this club.

6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Daniel Levy- Ming the Penniless is the single biggest problem at Spurs

Levy, Baldini and Enic Out !!!!

7. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

It only confirms what I have said for years. Levy is an idiot.

Felon82 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button