Congratulations Tim....

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, April 19, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

I don't care what the haters say, Tim Sherwood is a young manager full of passion and in his short tenure at Spurs he got certain things wrong. He also got a lot right. He believes in youth. He believes in making football simple.

Today he got it all right and Liverpool were lucky to come away only losing 2-1. I watched the first half and Villa were superb. I then tuned into the Spurs game but with one eye still on Wembley. The players are responding to Tim. The fans love him.

He may have his faults but Tim Sherwood will be a very good manager. In fact, he ain't too bad now!

Well done Tim. You gave a lot of yourself to Spurs, so good luck, and all the very best. Now go beat those Gooners!!!

bruski, Robsok, Spurporter and 2 others like this.
  2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Haha you beat me to it Matt.

A bit deeper alot of people berated Tim for bringin through Bentaleb and Kane etc yet laud Poch for the same thing.
    Im not a Sherwood fan by any means but its looking as if Poch is not going to finish any better than Timmy or AvB and were hardly playing scintilating football.
    Poch's 1 saving grace was reaching a cup final well now Tim the P.E teacher has to an even bigger 1, will the haters extend the same pat on the back?

3. Hotspur24 New Member

Agree totally, lets not forget as well he got that complete waste of space adebayor playing. It looks like hes got Benteke going and all the Villa players love him. Shame he didnt get the same sort of chance as his predecessors, but he wasnt a fashionable foreign manager. Were stuck with botch now and im not for sacking him, but Tim has more passion and motivation skills in his little finger. Hope he can do the arse in the final!!

bruski likes this.
  4. B30 villain Guest

Villa fan here. Just a quick thankyou for super Tim. Think you've missed a trick there fellas

bruski, Frank and Mattj78 like this.
  5. Halabil Guest

Good riddance to Dim Tim. I was not a fan and I am still not a fan. I think he got lucky to reach the FA Cup finals and it's as simple as that. He's an absolute *****. Period. We'll see how well he does next season with Villa. I do hope however that he pulls a rabbit out of his arse and beats Wenger in the FA Cup finals but the way he was licking Wenger's arse last season when we played them in the FA cup and in the league and how he got beat twice by him, tells me somehow, this is going to be another Gooner FA Cup title unfortunately.

6. Mattj78

Lucky? Villa outplayed and outfought Liverpool today. The whole Arsenal fan thing was absolute rubbish. Tim worked hard with our youth set up for years and for that alone he deserves some praise.

bruski likes this.
  7. Halabil Guest

Matt...in press conferences, Tim was completely imbecilic and tactless, showcasing how he didn't possess even the least rudimentary understanding of how to motivate the Spurs players and when to say what in public. His tactical knowhow amounts to next to nothing. I can't count the number of times he was out thought and out skilled by opposition coaches in both the EPL and in the Europa League. He did not command the respect of the Spurs players clearly because the job was well above his pay grade and the players could clearly see that. The man went about touting his 59% win ratio in the league while crashing us out of the FA and Europa League but of course he wasn't going to count those games in his win percentage was he?

Just because the bloke is British and chums it up with the reporters as if the press conference was a Friday night outing at the local pub does not make him a proper manager. We'll see if he lasts a whole season as the gaffer at Villa next year. Somehow, I sincerely doubt it. He gets some credit for placing Bentaleb and Kane in the games last season and reviving Adebayor for a few matches but that does not make him a proper Gaffer for me. Sorry to say.

Mattj78 likes this.
  8. Mattj78

He was naive and has openly said he made big mistakes. I don't think anyone doubts that. Just remember though that he was thrown in to a team that he had no chance to change. Poch has had two transfer windows to make changes.

bruski and Felon82 like this.
  9. Lee butler New Member

Good on you Tim great result good luck in the final . Shame the prick in charge of our club did not show a bit more faith in you .

bruski and Robsok like this.
  10. ultrapunch Guest

Halabil. Are you for real? Who cares how he comes across in TV interviews? He had a very good record during his 6 months in charge at Spurs despite a long injury list. You are just one of these born haters.

Sherwood is NOT my cup of tea, but you can't knock his record so far.

If Villa don't sell their best players, like Benteke, then I believe Villa could finish higher than Spurs next year in the league.

Robsok likes this.
  11. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Successful AND scandalous manager is exactly what AVFC need. They want attention, something Levy hated wrongly. Attention can be converted into money, as football is an entertainment one way or another. Both ways - ideal.

12. Halabil Guest

Ultrapunch...trust me I am not a born hater. I support Spurs through thick and thin and was open to the idea that he could step in and do the job but I was just blown away by his incompetence and lack of tact.

As to your question: "who cares what he says in press conferences?", I do and anyone who understands that statements to the press are consumed by the players in the dressing room, the rest of the Spurs organization, the competition and the fans, and any gaffer with half a brain would craft his statements with all those constituents in mind. He had no clue and blasted half the team in front of the press! What do you think that did to the squad's morale and support for him as gaffer?

You're clueless mate! And oh yes his track record was awesome when you exclude all non-EPL games and top 4 teams in the EPL. Please!

notnats likes this.
  13. Robsok

Robsok New Member

Halabil
    I have supported TH before you where born and think you comment about Tim Sherwood is pathetic as you seem to have no idea what you are talking about
    When TS took over from AVB we were looking at going down a division but he turn the club around without spending a penny, and was close to getting us back into the Champions League, and also left with the best performance on any manager for the amount of games and poits won during his reign
    People like you make me sick as you prefer the idiots like AVB and Pols who have no idea apart from blaming everyone other themselves, as they will never get our team playing as good as when HR managed our club
    One thing for sure Halabil, you are not a supporter of THFC

Totally agree Mat, he loved Spurs and brought up Kane and all the other young players now playing for THFC, and now has the best results behind him than any other Spurs Manager.
    It was a mistake for us to loose him as if he had this year, I am sure we would be in a far better position than we are today

Lee butler, Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  14. Felon82 Well-Known Member

To be fair after some of the disgusting performances that season i think Tim was right to blast some of the players, i mean what are you supposed to do when highly paid professional sports men arent trying or taking games seriously - praise them and give them a cuddle?
    Tim said a few things that needed to be said about the attitude of some of the players and how a number of them survived the chop in the summer is beyond me and part of the reason weve failed this season aswell.

15. Crimble123 Guest

For what it's worth, I'm delighted for Tim. He had a sincerity and honesty about the way he went about his job at Tottenham.

He berated the players when they deserved to be berated. Unfortunately, he was completely undermined in his position by the fact that everyone knew it was a temporary appointment until the end of the season. The players knew that and so performances inevitably suffered as we have a bunch of highly unprofessional players (as evidenced this season by recent performances against Burnley and Villa).

I wouldn't have minded Levy giving Sherwood a two year contract and allowing him to clear the deadwood out of the squad, of which we have a lot! Get players in with a work ethic and pride in the shirt - that's why he promoted youth.

He has some rough edges, some of who make him his own man, but he will turn out to be a very good manager I'm sure and I wish him all the best against Arsenal in the final and in his future managerial career (unless he's playing against us!)

Dace and Lee butler like this.
  16. Gilzean09 New Member

I was one of those who couldnt figure out what Sherwood did wrong to be sacked. Levy knew exactly what he would be getting Sherwood worked for him for a long time before, so to give him half a season only was completely baffling. All the good young players we have now are down to him. So what if was abrasive speaking in public, he is still like that now and Villa arent exactly suffering from it. I said at the time that only if Spurs finish higher this season than last would the appointment of Poch be justified. Well that sure aint gonna happen.

17. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

I hope Villa win, and we can see Sherwood giving the big proverbial Up Yours finger to Levy. He just wasnt very good with the press - but the press DONT WIN matches !!!

Mattj78 and Lee butler like this.
  18. Sport Guest

Well done Tim. I though you are an Eastearn Gooner. But i saw you play **** your a decent cm. But i still don't trust you RW ;) Alwaylsove. sport

19. totcat New Member

Wow, just read all your comments and the passion shown is fantastic, it's a pity some of our players don't show that level of passion on the pitch. Both the lovers and haters have good, solid and valid points. I liked Tim because of his press naiveties, he said what we felt but we all know that good management is done in private and you should never belittle or berate your employees in public. I think he was sacked because our man Dan could not handle him as easily as the lap-dogs he normally employs and to scared that Tim would open his mouth and tell us what really happens in the transfer windows. so good luck Tim, not just because it's you but your playing the Woolwich wanderers and I want them to win nothing ever.

Felon82 likes this.
  20. bruski

bruski Active Member

Always liked him...and that's not respectively either. I love his passion and his fearless attitude. He is a great motivator and makes players believe in themselves. He clearly needs to be more astute in the way he behaves, but not too much. He is what he is and I wish him all the best. He will be successful I'm sure.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button