Bournemouth preview and predicted line-up

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Chris Dunlop, October 21, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Chris Dunlop New Member

An opportunity to be top of the table awaits us in the form of Bournemouth, a team against which we scored eight and conceded just one last season. Sounds like the perfect opportunity, but maybe not. Bournemouth have been steadily improving under the management of Howe, and in his press conference the young Englishman said, “I think we’re better prepared for these kinds of games. We’re more hardened to Premier League football…”.

Similar styles - similar weaknesses?

Howe is a man who shares similar beliefs about how football should be played with Pochettino, and his team have had a solid start to the season, most recently pounding Hull 6-1 and winning their last three home games. The high-pressing, pace-y, athletic game that both teams play could mean a stalemate, but there are a couple of factors for Spurs which give us the edge, and I think it comes down to timing.

Timing’s everything!

I feel like Bournemouth may have scored all the goals they have in them, for at least a couple of games, so as long as we put one in, we should be fine - in fact we are due to give a team a drubbing. Eriksen is due a goal (or four) having had twenty four shots on goal in the league and is yet to score. Dele has been vocal about his need to be more clinical in front of goal, having missed gilt-edged chances frequently this season, albeit with three goals already to his name. And Janssen surely must be thinking this is the game to register his first Premier League goal(s).

Don’t be so hard on yourself

The Dutch man has been playing selflessly and imaginatively, linking up play, holding up the ball admirably and working very hard for the team. I hope what doesn’t happen is that he’ll start scoring just as Harry makes it back from injury, but time is running out for him a little. I’d love to have him not feeling any pressure from the press or fans about goals, so he can just move forward with his overall game and help the team. As Poch said, “Maybe he puts a lot of pressure on himself but in the end we need to keep him calm and say ‘yes, good, don’t worry, work hard, keep going and be sure that you will score’.”. It’s advice the whole team should take too.

Injuries: Rose picked up a knock against Leverkusen and is 50-50. Alderweireld and Kane are out.

Predicted line-up:

Lloris, Davies,Vertonghen,Dier,Walker; Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Lamela, Janssen

2. burnt Well-Known Member

It's a game we'd deff be expecting 3 points from when the fixtures were released but it's no gimme at the moment I.m.o ... What do you do if your the manager , I'd be inclined to bench quite a few after their midweek no show , and for some their performances so far this year but if you don't go on and win the game then the critics are out in force , damned if you do and damned if you don't .... Usually , especially at the start of a season , I'm all for letting people find their top form but there comes a time when some need a kick up the behind and for Erikson and Lamela especially I think that time might be now ... Ali is becoming just as frustrating but he's a kid , and ultimately you can't leave them all out ... Decisions , decisions , it's going to be interesting to see the line up ... Hopefully , regardless of line up we get a proper performance and if we do I'm more then hopeful we'll get a favourable result .... C.O.Y.S ......

3. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Where's Son? Son has been scoring goals and is in great form so why on earth would he not start? He wasn't great in Europe but I think was more due to the more than expected hostilities received from his former fans.
    Janssen looks strong when holding the ball up and his link up play is promising by most of his shots seem to end wide of the mark, header in midweek aside although he should have scored.
    He will get his goal and I would have him starting but there is no way Lamela Can start ahead of son on current form.
    I think lamela has improved and is a great team player but you have to pick the players that are likely to win the game on current form. And if son doesn't start he would every right to be confused!

4. burnt Well-Known Member

I'd say Son will definitely start , swap Lamela with Son and I'd say Mr Dunlop has nailed the starting lineup ... I'd imagine we'll see a handful of the youngsters at Scouserland midweek so I don't see a lot of changes going into this one ... Maybe he'll stick Son up front again and leave Jansen out but I hope not ....

Mattj78 likes this.
  5. johnnyhrvat Guest

The predicted line up is probably close to what Poch will choose. I would however stick with Trippier again (he put in some great crosses midweek), get Wimmer into the starting X1 and, of course, Son in place of Lamela.
    Janssen will benefit from Trippier's crosses and Walker can learn by watching!

Mattj78 likes this.
  6. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

As much as I want Janssen to score, you have to start with the players most likely to win you the game and that means Son playing. I wouldn't drop Janssen but would put lamela on the bench an start son.
    Janssen has to deliver. His hold up play has been great but his shooting has been awful.
    He is stronger than Soldado but if he doesn't start scoring, how long can we keep saying he's good at holding a ball up?

Trippier did deliver some great crosses but I would be surprised if he Starts ahead of walker.
    My main worry in midweek was the defence. Dier was not good. We will miss Toby and Poch needs to bury the hatchet with Wimmer. Wimmer is a superb player as he showed last season and the team needs him right now.

It's kind of strange because Dier was awesome last Season but this season he looks lost. He had it easy with no challenge for places but with Wanyama and Sissoko now around, he needs to improve.
    Dier or Wimmer at centre back? Wimmer every time.

Nomadico likes this.
  7. Dan Guest

You'd have to think Poch is saving Wimmer for the Efl game v Liverpool so Dier will start again. Eriksen is looking tired so would start him from the bench. Maybe change things up a bit? Give lamela a go at 10 behind Janssen and play Dele out wide where he has more room to take players on? I could see Lamela/Janssen playing some intelligent interchange with Dele coming from wide- instead of the constant congestion in the middle because Lamela naturally drifts in...
    The problem with having both Lamela and Eriksen out wide is a total lack of pace. Against west brom we had 5 players (6 including Davies) who just wanted to play in front of and through the defence. The minute Son came on and got to the bi-line with pace, he turned the defence around and we looked dangerous. This area of the game is where we are lacking and I hate to say it, but all of Chelsea, arsenal and Liverpool are better at getting in behind and breakin teams down, thus turning dour 1-1 draws away into 2-1 wins....that's why we'll fall short again unless Poch sorts it out. COYS!!

8. Big fran Guest

Nine or ten games in and one or two looking jaded so this for me then the Liverpool game are a chance to rotate. Today I'd go lloris walker dier wimmer vertonghen. Wanyama dembele. Sissoko eriksen lamela. Janssen.
    Would like to see some of winks and nkoudou if chance arises.

9. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Bournemouth have been good of late and might just fancy themselves for this one which should make for a good game.
    Lloris Walker Dier Jan Davies Wanyama Dembele
    Sissoko Alli Son
    Janssen

Dier starts as Wimmer is a lefty and out of favour. Good to see Mousa back.
    Hoping Janssen gets a full game here and also like to see Nkoudo get some time before getting a start at pool.

10. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Carpe Diem lads, Seize the Day...COYS

11. burnt Well-Known Member

Disappointed to see Jansen on the bench again when some of the lads that didn't perform at all keep their places .... Look this is more or less our strongest line up when they're all firing , maybe today they'll find their stride .... A fully fit Dembele should add a bit more balance and himself and Victor have the potential to be a right monstrous midfield partnership so looking forward to that .. Should be a good game , Bournemouth are in good form but hopefully we,ll have enough to take the 3 points .. That's all that matters .... C.O.Y.S ......

12. Big fran Guest

And 30mins in he problem with playing without a natural CF are evident for even the no nothings on this site to see. The ball doesn't stick and struggling to get up the field... And a CF just is about scoring goals they say!!

Bazza47 likes this.
  13. Nomadico Well-Known Member

To many card's, I see a red for Lamela he has to calm down...

14. Big fran Guest

Easy one for me this lamela off even though he's been our best offensive player and janssen on. Son to play off janssen lay offs.
    Something in this for us if keep 11 on pitch.

Nomadico likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button