Blaming the fans is out of order Ade

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, November 10, 2014.

Share This Page

1. TheDonSean Guest

I think Ade is correct here, and I do not blame him for what he's saying. As soon as they don't play like people want them to we get upset. We get upset and then we lash out at our own players. If a player is having a rough time it isn't going to help with the people who are meantto ssupport them booing them and destroy their confidence. We want players to go out and be proud of the team they play for, not dreading it. If we don't back them now they'll need more therapy to help build their confidence then anyone should have to. That will do more damage to the team then anything, we need to be the ones to pick them up not put them down.

2. our problems are that we are not good enough, we have a weak spine in our team. our players are too slow, we take too many touches to do an easy ball, we don't take players on in the middle of the field, we don't play through balls, we never cross in motion but instead check back hence losing momentum in the move, we cant take corners and we never shoot when we have half a chance. also why do we have 11 men defending our corners but no one on the posts! also when we do clear it from our box its quite obviously going to come straight back as we have no one up there. its just so negative as we should have 1 or 2 men up there so we could possibly have a breakaway attack! also why cant we take corners??? we always hit there 1st men but never ever put someone there just get a flick on or at least make the defender life abit harder! footballs an easy game really but all these basic mistakes week in week out are hard to watch!!! Also every team who pushes up on us and doesn't let lloris roll it out then we usually lose because we don't win the 1st 2nd or 3rd ball where we don't have the fight or strength in our team

Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.

3. I'm there to be a yid and show passion for the club I love! if it was all about winning then I would go and watch you ever was top of the league wouldn't I????

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. Double 61 New Member

The fans pay their money and are entitled to boo at the end of the game when the players just don't turn up!. We are in the top 5 for ticket prices and bottom 5 for entertainment. Get your fingers out you overpaid, prima donnas. How we need a Steve Perryman or Gary Mabbutt to show a bit of leadership and get stuck in

Felon82 likes this.
  5. StevieS.COYS New Member

Meant to add on Adebayor ...... How can he, of all people even comment on fans booing. Fans react to how the team plays. Play with passion, purpose, effort & heart And we will respond. I remember one or two games last season when I saw Adebayor chasing down the opposition, his return to the team under Sherwood showed what he can do and we reacted with our support, why can't he do that now when we need that from each player? Like all other comments, what on earth does he mean they are trying to understand what the manager is trying to impart, I'm pretty sure he is not telling them to play a disjointed high line; I'm also pretty sure he is not telling them to stroll around the pitch and wait for the perfect pass or to NOT pressurise the opposition. Or to continually try to take players on when there is absolutely no cover behind you if you lose it ...why would you do that? A Sunday league team have better organisation than us, basic stuff to move out of defence as a unit and in a line. Don't blame Potch, as a professional football player there are basic things you do, have you ever watched Sunday league football? Ever guessed who the captain of a side may be? YES, he is generally the one shouting out instruction getting everyone up for it, leading, helping, supporting .... on the field. Well we need all of them doing this, get some bloody team spirit going! Adebayor should shape up put in the hard yards or just leave in January.

Mattj78, jimmyforengland and Felon82 like this.
  6. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

The Bottom Line, it's all about the Bottom Line..............
    Let me tell you a short story....it starts not very long ago, in the summer of 2013, less than 18 months ago.....
    A world renowned football club have been offered mega bucks for their star player....enough money to rebuild the squad and bridge that vital gap between then and a future time when a shiny new stadium can be built and we can reap the rewards, selling it for a huge sum and make a little profit along the way.
    The pieces were falling into place.......great new manager, local council falling over themselves to allow massive regeneration of both sides of High Street, N17, as many CPO's as you could mave a stick at.....
    The business case looked stunningly attractive.......loadsamoney.....the Bottom Line was truly impressive.
    Enter Franco, the Don, stage left...........great buddy of Family Loadsamoney.....or so they thought.....
    The great new manager wasn't great, nor was the unfortunate Timmy......but the Bottom Line still looked good..........
    "we can keep telling porky (possible not) pies about the stadium plans, get that guy from Soton on board, keep them all sweet for the summer of 2014" and the Bottom Line will still be wonderful...
    Fast forward to now....... the Argie hasn't got a clue, the players are **** at best, and people keep asking about the stadium plans and where they park when they finally arrive at Stadium MK....
    Nervous email exchanges between family members....."what do I do O great Father In Law in the sky somewhere in sunnier climes of the Caribbean.....the fans are doing all this booing stuff and soon they might turn on me, even your daughter is giving me grief"........
    Reply from warmer climes "Just remember the Bottom Line Ming.......and take care of my daughter....or else."
    You know what it may be fantasy, but it might not be so far from the truth....sad but true 'eh!!
    I love you Tottenham I do.....COYS

Mattj78, Felon82 and StevieS.COYS like this.
  7. StevieS.COYS New Member

Some idiot Stoke fan suggesting on radio yesterday that booing your team is some kind of London club issue, " only seems to happen with the London clubs, if they want to learn how to support their teams properly should visit the Britannia!" What a d**k! I seem to recall boos at their place when Hughes wasn't winning last season? And I might have heard some booing at St James' Park when they were calling for Pardews head a few weeks back! If we're not happy with the team performance we're entitled to boo, but at the end of the game not during, which in general, is what we do.

8. Azipod17 Guest

Agree with the above. Just thinking about the sacking of arry in 2012. He was making some serious mistakes with burning the squad out, drawing with villa and letting third slip (I knew the blue rascists would win in Munich and dick us).

So if there are consistent managerial "failures", and I'm not sure sacking Arry was all down to Mr levy, what's next?

Does joe Lewis sack Mr levy? Who comes in and does ENIC back the team up. Or is the plan to build the stadium and gentrify N17 to look more like Islington to enable that sheikh to buy a London club with all the trimmings?

ENIC will not invest in the team and I hope when they sell up, it's for mega bucks and God help us not to an Indian chicken farmer (sic Blackburn Rovers).

Expect hard times and anonymity mid table until ENIC can sell and Tottenham & Haringey look pretty.

9. Felon82 Well-Known Member

We had good momentum in the side right up until Arry was sacked, now what is happening is this 13/14 year never ending transitional period that weve all been extremely patient over has now done the full circle to a point where were worse than before.
    It is frustrations from a loyal and and highly charged crowd, who have been made to feel more despondent as time goes on. It feels like excuse after excuse, theres not enough communication from the owners, every transfer window we never get the main targets or invest any extra in the side, we never address the glaring deficiencies in the team etc.
    Then after last season and this season with the huge sum of money wasted we are having to watch some of the worst football ever played at WHL consistantly then of course frustrations are beginning to bubble over.
    But to make the paying fans the scape goat or trying to lay blame us is disgracefull, turn up, put some effort in, do the basics well, find some pace and cutting edge and you will find the crowd will Cheer you. Saunter around, defend like clowns, attack like passengers, dont communicate with each other, give the ball away cheaply, dnt tackle, dnt mark, dnt create, dnt shoot, roll over to sub standard teams and what do you expect a standing ovation?

Mattj78 and jimmyforengland like this.
  10. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

I take the point that we, as fans, need to get behind the team but the whole atmosphere around the club is negative.
    There is no positivity coming from the chairman or the owners. There is no positivity from the manager just excuses.
    The players are negative full stop so all of this leads the fans to feel fed up and negative.

As I keep saying, no one at the club is willing to take any sort of responsibility for the complete mess we are in and blaming the fans is not gong to make things any better.

Felon82 likes this.
  11. Mattj78

This isn't about getting upset because of a few games, this is about the last three seasons where the club has backward n the field, signing players who are just not good enough.
    I agree that booing during the game is counter productive but you cannot expect the paying public to be happy when the team is playing like it is. The current situation on the pitch Is not the fault of the fans. The players were droid of passion last season and that has not changed.
    Yes, the fans must get behind the team, but the players also need to do their jobs, which they have not been doing for the last three seasons.

jimmyforengland likes this.
  12. Mattj78

Mid table may be too much for us. I genuinely see us as relegation fodder.

13. OzOnYouSpurs Guest

Is the standard of the league dropping or are teams getting that much better? Who is is 2nd in the league now? Is that because Citeh's standard has got worse or that Southampton's has improved?

That being said, I agree with you to a point! Look at the top 10. Never in your wildest dreams even if you had come back from the future would you put money on the top 10 looking like it does today.

Again I ask, what are the alternatives? I'm not saying I'm an advocate for Levy and Co but the facts remain that every year, they have bought players, Every year. They do it with the attempt the improve the squad.

It doesn't always work out. Look at Fellaini. How much did he cost UTD? He scored a volley, ours a Rabona. Both of them aren't worth the fee yet here we are with them.

I will be mightly annoyed if the get rid of Poch. Leave it be, there's nothing else we can do. It's the middle of the darn season and it's obvious for some reason. Tottenham Hotspur takes time to get things right.

Mattj78 likes this.
  14. Hotchpoch Guest

Have to agree, the standard of the league is not worse just much more competitive. Every club now has internationals and £10-£20m signings or very very astute buys. Of course if Spurs buy in the same bracket and overpay we are not going to get the better of these teams. Especially whilst sacking managers and buying players willy nilly.

Mattj78 likes this.
  15. A/town yid Guest

After selling modric bale etc the players we have bought in have mean we have broke even unfortunately those players we have brought in are just average.i feel for rose he is not a left back never has been never will be until the defrnce is sorted we will never make champs league ade made a big mistake moaning about the fans who pay good money don't agree with sacking poch fergie wasn't exactly great for the first couple of years clear out the dead wood we must have one of the biggest squads in the whole of Europe can't understand why buy the likes of davies a left back and not play him in premier league if he's not good enough why buy him same with stamboulli so many questions about how our great club is going can't see us doing anything until we get a board who wants a football club and not a business

Felon82 likes this.
  16. A/town spur New Member

[​IMG]
    this makes interesting reading no wonder we are struggling mid table team

Mattj78 likes this.
  17. Mattj78

Levy is all about smoke and mirrors

18. Mattj78

19. Mattj78

20. Ge12 Guest

I think we have a perfect squad for what we are likely to ever achieve with ENIC in charge: complete mediocrity, (but turning a profit for the men at the top). If they REALLY cared about what fans want and were serious about football, isn't it obvious that the first step is getting rid of about 15 useless players and actually buying 4-5 proven, GOOD players that have pedigree and can help us get somewhere.

Continuously buying 'potential talents' clogs up our squad and stinks of profiteering (scoop them up for peanuts, and for every 10 Dos Santos there maybe a Bale in there to make millions on). This policy has led to where we are right now: Squad chock-ful of average players loving the london life and content to collect 40k+ a week sitting on the bench, who don't give a monkey about Spurs. Meanwhile, our own kids, get shipped out to Swindon Town etc.., with the faint promise that one day they might get into the first team! WTF.

Felon82 and Mattj78 like this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button