Ardiles & Dembele comment on Pochettino appointment

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by George S, June 15, 2014.

Share This Page

1. George S

George S New Member

Former Spurs midfielder Ossie Ardiles, speaking to the Hertfordshire Mercury, has praised the new man in the White Hart Lane hot seat.

Pochettino knows the history

Ardiles, who has played and managed Spurs, only had positive things to say about Pochettino.

The 1978 World Cup winner said: “Pochettino understands the football that is very close to Tottenham historically.

"He doesn’t want to speculate, he wants to go forward and put a lot of pressure on the opposing team.

“He likes his teams to keep the ball as much as possible while going forward all the time.”

Ardiles also feels that it will be important that Roberto Soldado and Erik Lamela, two big money signings from last summer can improve under the work of Pochettino.

Lamela and Soldado…

He added: “I think this will be a very exciting season this time. The number one job he has is to make everybody play to their potential.

“There were a lot of players last season that weren’t, like Lamela and Soldado and so on. If all these guys can play to their potential then it will be a very interesting time.”

Mousa Dembélé also commented on the new head coach at the club and though he conceded he doesn’t know the Argentine that well he has heard a lot about him.

Dembélé said: “I don’t know him to be honest that well but I heard a lot of good things about him.”

Although it is usually the same at the beginning of every season, quiet optimism seems to be building amongst fans, former players and managers of the club and current stars at the Lane that the upcoming campaign can be successful.

Pochettino’s work has been widely praised and the hope will be that he can replicate the football he fashioned on the south coast and also produce silverware success, something thus far, he has failed to achieve in his short managerial career.

2. Bri Himself New Member

Agree om Lamela and Soldado. Job one is to sell Ade and find a solid dependable mid-20s striker or two to play with Kane and Soldado. Expect Pochettino will be able to develop Fryers as well.

3. amd Guest

It was said that poncho is build around ade and they have even spoke upon it, so hmmmmmm but I csn only see soldado improving under poncho, he can be that sh!t...

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button