A Striker, my kingdom for a striker. ( or 2 )

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, July 19, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

LOL Felon82!!!
    But we are still punching above our weight.

Felon82 likes this.
  2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Agreed, the organisation or ridiculous lack of last season was nothing short of scandalous. Not only organisation but a severe lack of individual responsibility.
    Aldeweireld is a Quality addition but Wimmer n Trippier not exactly proven solid upgrades are they.

TerryM and Mattj78 like this.
  3. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

We brought in Wimmer as cover - he's still fairly young and will develop - Trippier is going to rival Walker this year, and look at the effect of Ben Davies on Danny Rose if you think that won't help. Alderweireld is a fantastic signing because he's played alongside super Jan so many times - we finally have a proper partnership in central defence! A back five of Rose, Verts, Toby and Trippier in front of Hugo is a vast improvement on the Danny Rose of two seasons ago, partnered with Fazio and Kaboul with Walker who made up for being **** by being able to run quickly

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. TerryM New Member

I see we have offered £15M for Berahino at last. I do not think that will be enough b.ut we could go to £20. He is young & has played with Kane at U21s many times both complimenting each other, Him & Austin would be perfect for us, both know how to score goals.We can afford it - Ireckon we must have about £40Min the "kitty"with profits we have made on transfers over this past two years (including the £11m property sale from last week.)

5. Matt1 Guest

That comment says Lambert was signed on the back of a good season.. Little more than that, he scored 106 in 207 games for Southampton and had been one of the top goal scorers in the Championship & L1 so would have been well known, not to mention coming through the Liverpool youth team...

6. Rovazz Guest

Chicharito would be a great signing, on loan though with the option to buy. He's a proven striker with international experience. Llorente is another proven striker but I'm favoring Javier.

Mattj78 likes this.
  7. Judge Justin Guest

We should get 2 young strikers, Mitrovich looks sharp but is off to newcastle by the look of it. So I would plump for the monster Belgium kid Obbi Oulare (19) from Club Brugge, and as the summers star signing lets go for a wildcard with the brazilian wonderkid Gabriel Barbosa (18) from Santos- could be the next Pele that one- grab them now levy before they cost £30+!!!!

8. paul donovan Guest

Austin & hernandez. We had a great striker in defoe , he could still do a job now better than our 2 failures. His record is very good , how good would it be if he had played most matches

9. Spurporter Well-Known Member

He-he, besides this sarcastic brilliancy, I'd like to point out that Spurs do not need strikers as much as that was viewed from conventional standpoint.
    1.Poch will never play 4-4-2, just accept it and move on.
    2.He will never have his attack going via crosses from almost goal line with strikers fighting opposition CBs in the air . Have to take that as a fact and say goodbye to Soldado.
    3. Poch will always have his wingers inverted. Some might argue that, but alternative it is not relevant a long as he is Spurs HC. Thus, only one striker will occupy a pitch at any given time.
    Based on the above, Spurs do not need striker to play WITH Kane. They need one to play INSTEAD of Kane, should something happens to Harry that would make him be out of form. As such, Poch needs striker that plays like Kane, sine Harry fits his vision almost to perfection. The only one that resembles Harry's style on Spurs player list is Adebayor. Being shadow of former himself at his best, the Togolesian is not a viable option for the future, although I can see why Spurs did not let him go sooner. So what Poch needs, as far as strikers are concerned, is, in fact, a bench player to replace Adebayor. No star level striker will agree to switch to Spurs for such a role. The aged performers unhappy with where they are might do that. That is why the only striker Spurs could get will come from Juventus. Another possibility is Soldado stays , but changes his style and involves in buildup plays the way Kane does. In this case he may become Euro starter with Kane coming from bench and visa-versus in EPL (something that any striker newly acquired striker would do for Poch).
    Who is going to play WITH Kane? Midfielders will. So far we have only Eriksen able to. The MF depth needs to be addressed, but it is outside of this very conversation.

Last edited: July 20, 2015
    VASpur likes this.
  10. VASpur New Member

Have a feeling Levy really wants to get Adebayor's wages off the books before making significant new wage commitments for next season. My hope is for Sherwood and Ade to be reunited at Villa ASAP.

11. Spurporter Well-Known Member

I am convinced it will be done with Levy paying portion of Ade pay. If Adebayor is no longer even a bottom table player, Tim will sell him by the end of Jan.

VASpur likes this.
  12. Mattj78

Hernandez is a no brainer. If we don't sign a striker next season is over before it started.

13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

In all seriousness Matt what r u actually hoping for next season thats any different to the usuall patern?

Mattj78 likes this.
  14. Mattj78

Not a lot but if we don't sign another striker, I genuinely think we could be at completed the wrong end of the table.

15. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Liverpools buisness has been good theyve definately strengthened well.
    Weve done well shifting a few and gettin Toby, but were losing ground on the top 4.
    I know we finished 5th but cant say it was down to us making a real go of it, the majority of the season was very turgid with a bit of magic from kane n eriksen.
    Theres plenty of areas that need strengthening with upgrades not hopefulls if were to be serious about anything.
    Finally (on paper) the defence looks well stocked, but weve gone from being bloated in midfield to looking rather weak, and we basically have 2 strikers still on the books that pose as much threat as a spud gun.
    We need to get some buisness done and buy some proper players that will win us games not go through the motions.

Mattj78 and Spurporter like this.
  16. Spurporter Well-Known Member

We can keep financial stability being in any part of the table. Except last 3, right?.
    Jokes aside, I have to agree with Poch Spurs must be very careful signing strikers. To unload a failed striker is much more difficult than that for back end players.

17. big fran Guest

Personally as much as I would love another striker to keep soldado wouldn't be too much of a bad thing. A striker similar to falcao who is happy to get games here and there without causing a scene playing second fiddle to an undisputed no 1 striker. Hopefully coulthirst can do a harry Kane and make the step up after unsuccessful loan spells.

Mattj78 likes this.
  18. Mattj78

We must be careful I agree, but at the minute we look like a very weak team. Alderwereld is a good signing but Trippier doesn't exactly thrill me. We need a striker and a goal scoring midfielder.
    If Kane is played up front on his own he will struggle this season because everyone knows about him now.. He is a great talent but needs support. He simply cannot carry the entire team again. People forget that it was November time when he finally started his great run and he was bollocksed by the end of the season. This year he has a full season and currently we have no back up of any note.
    There is time yet but it's running out and at present o don't see a squad capable of emulating lady seasons fifth. Sorry, but I just don't.

It is also interesting to note how desperate Levy is to offload Adebayor. Soldado looks to be staying.
    But I see all these levy lovers go on about our rigid wage structure, how he won't break the bank yet he is the one who decided to pay Adebayor 100k a bloody week!!!!!!!! Ffs. Get real folks. Levy is a fraud.

Felon82 likes this.
  19. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Dont Matt the bigger picture off field success spread sheet ffp champions elite will be up in arms!

Mattj78 likes this.
  20. Razspur Guest

the way the current window is shaping up Liverpool look set for 5th place leaving us to challenge Everton, Southampton and Stoke for 6th -9th, we can still manage to qualify for a Europa place with a DM and backup Striker but that's a big ask.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button